View Poll Results: What gender is (are) your child(ren)?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boy(s)

15 40.54%
  • Girl(s)

6 16.22%
  • Both (even)

10 27.03%
  • More boys

3 8.11%
  • More girls

3 8.11%
Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 616212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parenting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

*Second best piece of advice? When your kid gets old enough to interact and react to you, you are going to fall that stupidly in love that everything else in your life will take a back seat FOREVER. It's a love unlike any other. Orion is a bit over 20 months old now and I live for that kid, when I come home and he does his happy dance and breaks into a huge giggling smile because he sees his Dad, it's like being filled with the purest energon straight from the cup of Primus served by a scantily armored Arcee - it's just pure happiness x10 and makes every sleepless night, trip to the doctors and lack of time and money just totally worth it
    +1

Don't be alarmed if you don't feel this way instantly. A lot of people talk about how they fall in love with their child the moment they are born, and movies and TV portray it that way, but love generally grows. The older they get and the more they begin to interact with you is when these feelings, in my experience, really begin to flourish.

Those first 6 months are very intense. And almost break you and your partner at times

But now I have a 6 year old boy whom I adore and he thinks that I am some kind of Master of the Universe The 3 am drives around the block with him in the back seat when he was a non sleeping baby just to have him stop crying for half an hour are a distant distant memory.....

My daughter's performed in 3 recitals in the past week (Chinese school, Japanese school & dance). It's not just time spent watching them, but also in helping her prepare for them. All fun, but having 3 in a space of a week has been a bit intense. Phwoar...

missing toy time are ya, Goki?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    missing toy time are ya, Goki?
    Por que no los dos? I had One Step Change High Octane Bumblebee w/ me during her Japanese school and dance performances. I think I had Generations Trailcutter on me during the Chinese school performance.

Just spent most of today constructing a double bunk bed. Not nearly as fun as it looks. (-_-)

Should've gotten the triple one

Christmas two years ago I did my back constructing two presents. They took three and a half hours.

Sometimes finding the balance between them and you time is very difficult and frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just spent most of today constructing a double bunk bed. Not nearly as fun as it looks. (-_-)
    Something your not telling us
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503