View Poll Results: GEN Rhinox - worth buying?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a must buy.

16 69.57%
  • Well.... good to have

4 17.39%
  • Not when it is in clearance

0 0%
  • NEVER!

3 13.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy review: Generation Rhinox

Quote Originally Posted by ChlorHex View Post
    It's not a shellformer any longer!
    No, he's a rocklord now.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Transmetal Rhinox is a robotic rhinoceros. But Transmetals flopped in Japan where a lot of fans preferred the more realistic organic modes of the original BW TFs - a lot of collectors complaining that the Transmetals just aren't robots in disguise. A metallic rhino isn't foolin' anyone (sorry Ramhorn and Headstrong )

This Rhinox toy looks great. A significant improvement over the original (which was already a great toy). The detail in the sculpting is just exquisite. Want!
    At least with Ramhorn, he can transform into a convincing micro-cassette

Perhaps the loose joints have caused a delay in production and thus a delay to market. BBTS have said he'd have a November release, but they've only got 72 hours to come good on that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Even if he's just a loose statue that's pain to transform, that robot mode looks so perfect I just would not care. Can't wait for the preorder to come in!

So got him and love him. As only those with long memories would recall, I once had the username Rhinox around here. He's one of my favourite characters but the original toy never a favourite and the statue was just a statue.

This one is basically perfect. He's got the size now, and he looks amazing. Even the limited colouring on the chain guns isn't a big deal since the design of them makes up for it.

As a beastie there's still panel forming to be done, some of it is a bit fiddily. In Rhino mode he doesn't have a lot of poseability (nor do most vehicle TFs in alt mode either) but he hides the robot mode very well and even has a bit of Beast Wars traditional hidden weapon storage.

His robot legs are weaker than you'd want and the shoulders are a bit weak too (what is it with shoulders these days!) but he looks so good in robot mode I forgive the flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Transmetal Rhinox is a robotic rhinoceros.
    If they redo this figure as his Transmetal version I might consider picking him up... maybe

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    If they redo this figure as his Transmetal version I might consider picking him up... maybe
    I would also buy that...

That would be a pretty extensive retool, how would they do his skies and tread?

Got my TT version in the mail, fanastic figure. He's got the size, sculpt and colours plus the chainguns of doom! I really like the look of this figure and the texturised plastic is especially impressive. The shellforming transformation is interesting enough and he also shows incredible balance in alt mode

Love this guy, best representation of Rhinox to date even if he is just a giant rhino statue in alt mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Got my TT version in the mail, fanastic figure. He's got the size, sculpt and colours plus the chainguns of doom! I really like the look of this figure and the texturised plastic is especially impressive. The shellforming transformation is interesting enough and he also shows incredible balance in alt mode

Love this guy, best representation of Rhinox to date even if he is just a giant rhino statue in alt mode.
    How are the hips on the TT version? The Hasbro version is a bit loose.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    How are the hips on the TT version? The Hasbro version is a bit loose.
    I think the TT version is the same, I wouldn't call them floppy but they're not as tight as I would like either.