View Poll Results: GEN Rhinox - worth buying?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a must buy.

16 69.57%
  • Well.... good to have

4 17.39%
  • Not when it is in clearance

0 0%
  • NEVER!

3 13.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy review: Generation Rhinox

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    But... he's a rhinoceros, and looks very much like a rhinoceros, so why shouldn't he appear in the box as a rhinoceros? That's his entire gimmick!

When did the vogue become putting Transformers in robot-mode in the box?
    I dunno, maybe rhinos aren't as fun as trucks The other gimmick is that he's a robot that looks a lot like he does on the TV show. I was just speculating.

Transformers have only really been showing up in robot mode packages regularly since DOTM IIRC

Okay, so I ended up getting this toy, and I must say that I'm really impressed. It does a much better job at updating the original toy than Waspinator; whereas I don't feel that Generations Waspinator is really a better toy than the original, I do feel that Generations Rhinox is absolutely better than the original (although that's not to say that the original is a bad toy, keeping in mind that it's a cheaper Deluxe and is of 1996 vintage ).

And I like how the transformation "compacts" a lot of the beast mode's shell kibble so that it all doesn't hang out over the place. It makes the robot mode a lot tidier. The sculpting and detailing in both modes is exquisite, and the chainguns of doom is a really cool & non-invasive gimmick. My main gripe about this toy is the orientation of the Maximal insignias on the head; I would have preferred from them to be "side on" like in the cartoon rather than "front on". Oh, and he has no cutlass; just the guns. But I guess that's the trade off.

Another really neat feature -- the tail panel, which is that soft almost rubbery plastic, actually smells like a fart! A similar gimmick to Masters of the Universe's Stinkor, but replicated here as a neat homage to the Season 1 episode "Low Road"!

Okay, I'm lying about the bum smell, just wanted to see if anyone went ahead and sniffed their Rhinox's butt after reading that.