3 18.75%
  • Only if (something else)

1 6.25%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Dinobot Slug (Deluxe)

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Those shoes don't point up at the tips by insane amounts. The new dinobots how ever, do
    That's because they're a stylised representation of the armour pieces. It's not the first time they've been presented like this in popular culture.

This is not a feature... I gather. But I found "Slags" swords can fit inside his wrists plates with the hands tucked in. And to be quite honest... I think it looks amazing. With a few tweaks and making more of him stick out to give him a bulkier look. It has made me really love the Dinobots in the new line.

So basically these movie Dinobots are mighty kaiju beast, rock lord like knightly robot guys?

When I first transformed this guy into bot mode I thought "Wow, I want this armour set in Dark Souls II!".

The knight-theme is obvious and pulled off nicely by dear ol' Slug...Slag...Slurry, or whatever we're calling him these days. The jousting helmet is super snazzy and I can't recall seeing anything remotely like it in the past. This is a good thing.

The transformation is a highlight and is super-fun, not too complicated either. The only bit that bugs me is the rib cage / arms but with practice it's not so "scrape it through the gap and hope it doesn't snap".

The colours on the other hand...Not good. Really bad actually. I think a more subdued colour palette could have been used, one that doesn't 'sting the eyeballs' as Slugs does and allows the Dinobot team to form a consistent, cohesive look. I guess they're saving the decent paint jobs for the Age of Extortion LE's and inevitable Dinobots Botcon set.

I don't mean for this review to sound negative though, I love my Slug. He looks great in both modes, the headsculpt is delightfully unique and he's just a stack of fun in general. Most importantly, he has two proper arms in robot mode!! I'm frightened at how much this is going to annoy me when I eventually succumb to Scorn's will...

Got him, love him, like the colours, good articulation, nice poseability, SWORDS.

One thing I did notice is that, with the colours and the narrow waist and wide hips, he is very feminine in bot mode. Now I can't unsee it and have started thinking him as a fem bot. That just makes me very glad she isn't called Slag anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Got him, love him, like the colours, good articulation, nice poseability, SWORDS.

One thing I did notice is that, with the colours and the narrow waist and wide hips, he is very feminine in bot mode. Now I can't unsee it and have started thinking him as a fem bot. That just makes me very glad she isn't called Slag anymore.
    Lmao, gold.

If i saw a giant purple dinosaur lumbering towards me i'd probably want give it a hug

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    If i saw a giant purple dinosaur lumbering towards me i'd probably want give it a hug
    No, no! The Theme song is stuck in my head now!!!