Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozformers exclusive 2011 Calendar

Default Ozformers exclusive 2011 Calendar

As the first of several (hopefully) Transformers commemorative items for our 15th Anniversary here at Ozformers, the 2011 Calendar is currently at the printers and should be ready in 2-3 weeks time (the wire binding is done off-site, so may not be completed until mid January).

So until they are finished and ready for me to post out, I'll start taking pre-orders, beginning with Deluxe members first, because it is a limited print run of 200. After a week, this topic will be relocated to the public section for non-DMs to pre-order as well.

Cost will be $10 with free shipping (within Australia) or $9 pickup if pre-ordered before the cut-off date (the day I pick them up). After that, it will be $10 (with shipping added).

To reserve your copy, post here in the pre-order topic.

The Calendar is proper gloss paper and card-stock front and back covers. Full colour, and wire bound - it has the same quality and appearance of ones you'd find in stores, but half the price. The only significant difference is that the pages are single sided, to make it a little cheaper to produce, but takes up less space on the desk or wall as it'll only take up A4 space instead of A3.

Below is a pic of the sample sent to me, so note that it has plastic binding, while the completed item will have a wire binding and hole punched at the top to hang it on a hook.

I had hoped for Hasbro permission for this, but after several emails, it looks like it's just not going to happen. Hopefully I have better luck on the other Anniversary items being planned.

Update for those who don't see it in the linked Sale/orders topic.

Calendars are now in hand (as of 3 days ago) and are being sent out to those who pre-ordered them.

For anyone else now wanting one, just post in the Sale topic, and I'll send you the payment and postage details. Price is $10 plus postage ($2 within Australia, $5 international).
    Last edited by griffin; 25th January 2011 at 12:30 AM.

paid

Griffin i will do a review when i get it, if not lazy...
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Just wanted to mention one thing as people should start getting them in the mail tomorrow.
    They punched the hole on the wrong end. I asked for it to be done on the spine end (where it says 'Ironhide' on the sample pic above), so that it would hang folded, showing just the single page (it was printed single-sided to save money). But they punched the hole on the other end (where the name of the month is on the sample pic above), which means hanging it up will have a blank page above the spine, and the month/image at the bottom (and it could end up being too heavy for hanging that way, as the entire compliment of pages was meant to hold the weight of the calendar in its folded state).
    If I'd know that they would be punching the hole on the wrong end, I would have had it printed double-sided, halving the page count and costing a lot less.

If you hang it up on a hook on the wall, and it starts tearing through the hole because the early months of the year will have less pages holding it up, just stick a square of sticky tape over the original hole in the cover and punch a hole through it - that'll reinforce it.

I'll be keeping mine on a desk anyway, which the folded format helps save space, while still having the image visible.

i have sent my payment via bank transfer

Thumbs up

Hi Griffin,
    got my Calendar last Thursday.
    Excellent, perhaps it can be an annual thing with Characters voted into the following years callendar throughout the year?
    My wife did suggest that it would be better with the days of the month on one page and the awesome imagery on the next, which would be a little better, but I am also personally very happy with the half size folded format.

top Job,

UM

My Calendar arrived today. Thanks again Griffin.

It will be going on my "cool" wall!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma 13 View Post
    My Calendar arrived today. Thanks again Griffin.

It will be going on my "cool" wall!
    Next to the air-conditioning unit I presume?

calender arrived.
    wouldnt mind the series under the year G1 BW MW G2 clcs etc

hope the money went in????