Page 1 of 152 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Default The Football (all sorts) Thread

congrats Adam Cooney 08 Brownlow medallist

bl richo, lol @ Ablett's reaction when he didnt get any votes in the last round

time to party!!!!!

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

I was very pleased. Anyone ahead of Ablett. Only other one I wanted to win was Richo.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Default Shattered

Shattered
    wanted richo to win so baaaaaad, top bloke.
    sad that gablet didnt win, and sad that cooney did win, hate the doggies tbqh

GO TIGERS, FINALS FOR SURE 2100 :P

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I was very pleased. Anyone ahead of Ablett. Only other one I wanted to win was Richo.

+1

the last two yrs when ablett was on screen, he body image portrayed a massive desire to win through the whole night, and to me it looks selfish - sure, in the last 3 rounds or so when you are a chance to win and the nerves kick in its ok to seem more serious, but not from start to finish...

COOOOOOOONEYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George
    www.mariokart64.com

Can't really blame Ablett though, I reckon. He comes in as favourite for both years with pressure from every corner of the football world. I'd feel the nerves and just want to get the monkey off my back too. I don't think he'll win though cos as the years go on, umpires will just expect more and more out of him and when he turns on a gamebreaking performance they'll just rate it as standard for ablett.

Look at Bartel, he should've gotten way more votes tonight. Just didn't tho.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

the one that wtf-ed me was the game that Goodes pwned with 8 goals and a billion touches, and only got 2 votes he was by far the best player that game...

George
    www.mariokart64.com

interesting brownlow count i thought, cooney by all rights is a very worthy winner and as he was one of the favourites all year its no surprise, but simon black and richo polled very well which surprised me, i knew richo would get a few votes, maybe 10-15, but i didnt actually think he would be in with a real chance, and to come as close as he did, wow, woulda been a great win if he got it.. and also for black to poll so well, yet not be in the AA team? coulda been interesting if he win, perhaps the first brownlow winner not in the AA?..

i dont blame ablett though, sure he looked devasted when he didnt get the votes last round, but to be honest, if anyone was in that position they would be pretty upset, he was the brownlow favourite after all, everyone thought it was his, so no matter how humble he is, he still wouldve thought he was gonna get it..

north are out anyway so im not really fussed, am looking forward to a great grand final this sat from the two stand out teams this year though.. at least my nrl team, storm, are still in with a chance, with or without cam smith haha

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11 View Post
    at least my nrl team, storm, are still in with a chance, with or without cam smith haha
    What about the way in which the media is hammering you guys about grapple tackles?
    It's like they've got a vendetta out for you guys or something...

oh tell me about it man, apparently its all their talking about in all the sydney media... the only reason smith got charged is because all the other teams complained and the media kept replaying it etc and calling it a "grapple", storm aren't even in the top 3 for grapple tackles i heard, yet we seem to be the only team that it gets brought up against?

sydney teams and media are just jealous haha

It's cos we're Melbournians and we happen to be superior.

The other thing about Cooney that i think we should underline is that by round 12 after the game against hawthorn, he was not 100%. He's being carrying a fractured knee for 12 weeks playing at the top level and he still polled enough to win. So it was a top win and I think the Doggies really missed his influence late in the season.

I should mention that Black has ostetitis pubis and he polled very well too.