Thread: Dual Model Kit Bumblebee - WIP and Tutorial

Default Dual Model Kit Bumblebee - WIP and Tutorial

I've written a rather long blog piece on the construction of DMK-02. I absolutely love this model, I had a blast building it.

The full tutorial, with WIP photos, can be found at:
    http://michaelfouche.blogspot.com/20...on-dmk-02.html

Feedback is more than welcome. If you're trying it out yourself and you've got any questions that aren't in the blog, please fire 'em my way.

Here's a pic of the finished result:

DSC_0208 by M-bot2011, on Flickr

Fabulous work! I read your blog entry, very in depth!

Wow, that looks amazing, your paint job of this figure was way better than mine!

Don't you reckon BB looks like the Terminator before his panels were added? I love this figure, the only thing I was disappointed about was the amount of work spent painting robot bits that were completely covered up. Seemed like a shame to hide them, especially the wiring on his legs (barely visible) and the chest pieces.

Apart from that though as you say the posability is excellent. You did a great job on yours and I enjoyed reading the WIP document and checking out the pics.

thats looks stunning!
    "I was expecting a giant car."

[COLOR="STUFF FOR SALE [/B][/COLOR]

Non-TF SALE

TRANSFORMERS SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Wow, that looks amazing, your paint job of this figure was way better than mine!
    Yours is pretty good AJ! It was a definite influence on how I did mine - I (unintentionally) copied your detail highlights on the legs (red/blue wires) . Some of the details are still slightly visible under the armour, so I wasn't too disappointed.

The Terminator comparison is also apt - I had very similar thoughts.

Have you got DMK-01? If so, any chance we could get some pics? That's one of my next projects for sure... just looking for more than two consecutive minutes of spare time...

If anyone is thinking of purchasing this particular model - let me say, it is WELL worth it in my opinion. I'm modestly skilled to be entirely frank, so the model building part should not present a daunting prospect to any TF fan.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Yours is pretty good AJ!
    Thanks M-Bot, yours is much cleaner looking though, while I went for the worn metallic look.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    Have you got DMK-01? If so, any chance we could get some pics? That's one of my next projects for sure... just looking for more than two consecutive minutes of spare time...
    I really wanted DMK-01 but the price scared me off a bit. I didn't want to pay over $100 for this model kit but haven't found him anywhere yet for less. I found one place that sold it for a good price but they'd sold out very quickly and I've since given up. I was disappointed though, I had a lot of fun building BB and painting him up.

He now resides on my desk at work and gets re-posed every few weeks. I hear what you say about spare time too, there seems to be increasingly little of it.

My next project is DotM Voyager Megs, managed to pick him up cheap with Big W sales a couple of months ago so now it's just a matter of finding the time.

I too highly recommend the dual model kits, they are a lot of fun and much more posable than the transforming figures, not to mention more screen accurate.

Its really nice and all but why didnt you paint the outter armor to get rid of that plastic look/feel? You do all this wonderful work on the inner body but yet leave the car parts the same plastic yellow. Seems like..I dont want to say "waste"...but all that hard work doesnt compliment the yellow parts.. Im not trying to be mean, but do you know what Im trying to say?

Its seems unfinished.

VGM out...