View Poll Results: Will you get a UW Bruticus?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 60.00%
  • Only if the price is right

3 15.00%
  • No

3 15.00%
  • Not interested in the slightest

2 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review UW Bruticus & Combaticons

I never noticed the 4 blades on UW Vortex...

nice comparison photos it seems like there is a bit of a mish mash of toy/cartoon accuracy in various modes across both modern versions.

I think you need to fold in Blastoff's nosecone to increase some articulation in combined mode as it gets in the way a little. the colour of the plastic for onslaught's guns and chest piece on the Hasbro version seem really off-putting for some reason, I much prefer the painted guns and colours on the Takara ones.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I much prefer the painted guns and colours on the Takara ones.
    Likewise, the Hasbro one, although nice and G1 toy accurate, looks a little plain with all the silver chest piece there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Likewise, the Hasbro one, although nice and G1 toy accurate, looks a little plain with all the silver chest piece there.
    I don't have the Hasbro one but from what I can see its not even silver though really, just a plain light grey plastic or something. The painted finishes on the Takara version just blow it away I think

Mine just came in today.

First impressions are pretty good: I like the colours and the joints are mostly ok (Onslaught has pretty tight joints, and Brawl's waist and hips are looser than I'd like, but tolerable). I'm impressed with how different Swindle looks to Rook despite having the same basic architecture. Blast-off has an interesting transformation - the head on mine hasn't popped off yet, but I can see how it would be easy to pop it out of its joint. The very front of the shuttle on mine seems prone to popping off its joint when I try to transform him, though.

Bruticus looks nice and imposing. Perhaps it's the way the Bruticus chest plate secures the shoulders compared to Defensor, but the shoulders are far more rigid, and less likely to move when a combined arm is moved, than my Defensor.

My only gripe is that TakaraTOMY didn't provide Onslaught/Bruticus with a separate gun, so he could wield a rifle and keep his signature dual barrels on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    May have jumped the gun with Onslaught's knees, well, in robot mode. His right leg doesn't want to stay locked in for combined mode. I've tried tightening the screw but that doesn't seem to help.
    Mine has this issue as well. Kind of weird, considering Onslaught's joints are otherwise pretty tight.

my perfect effect feet/hands kit for bruticus arrived last night and while I haven't set them up yet I can see some changes and hopefully an improvement already in that the feet seem to have a little felt or soft rubber pad or something near the front/toe area. this might make it more stable when standing on things like glass shelves and stuff.