Page 1 of 22 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: TFC Toys Next Project: Superion!

Default TFC Toys Next Project: Superion!

Courtesy of Seibertron.com, TFC representatives at the RobotKingdom Botcon Dealer Room booth have stated that their Technobots combiner is now on hold and that their next project would be Superion at the same scale as their Hercules gestalt.

This sounds very cool! I never really got super excited about the constructicons when I was younger since I must have missed the phase where I was supposed to get excited about construction equipment (I jumped straight to time travel and space lego thanks to Dr. Who!). But the notion of some very accurate transforming jets! That combine into a bigger gestalt! Okay, I'm excited by this.

Oh god between this and all the Hasbro stuff coming out I'll need a bank loan
    Last edited by KalEl; 3rd May 2012 at 04:30 PM.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Very cool. Very exspensive. Is this because maketoys are doing computron? Will they fix the supposedly many issues that Herc had?

I can see the look on my wife's face now----->

Love the idea but I will wait to see what the actual execution is. I am not a fan of the 'TFC style' when it comes to sculpting and engineering.

A bit worried about the 'TFC scale'. Not too comfortable with Voyager sized Aerialbots.

Does this mean that TFC Superion might possibly be taller than Fansproject Bruticus?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    This sounds very cool! I never really got super excited about the constructicons when I was younger since I must have missed the phase where I was supposed to get excited about construction equipment (I jumped straight to time travel and space lego thanks to Dr. Who!). But the notion of some very accurate transforming jets! That combine into a bigger gestalt! Okay, I'm excited by this.
    It's very much a curve-ball as I don't think many were expecting this, not to mention that it'll be putting their Computron on the back-burner which seemed further along in production.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Oh god between this and allege Hasbro stuff coming out I'll need a bank loan
    The past couple of years have been rather expensive to say the least, in being a TF collector; A trend which looks to continue into the future for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Very cool. Very exspensive. Is this because maketoys are doing computron? Will they fix the supposedly many issues that Herc had?

I can see the look on my wife's face now----->
    It is possible that they've decided to do this in response to Maketoys doing their own Computron, as they may want to avoid the issues that have arisen with Hercules & Giant; Either the 2 companies are thinking along very similar lines or there is a rat in the midst, I tend to think the former as 3rd Parties directly competing against each other will not do either party any favours IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Love the idea but I will wait to see what the actual execution is. I am not a fan of the 'TFC style' when it comes to sculpting and engineering.
    To be perfectly honest, I'm again with you on this one Kup; I'm not the biggest fan of TFC's design aesthetic (Not that it's bad it's just not for me ), but I'm also very content with my FansProject enhanced Classicsverse Superion.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    A bit worried about the 'TFC scale'. Not too comfortable with Voyager sized Aerialbots.

Does this mean that TFC Superion might possibly be taller than Fansproject Bruticus?
    I can almost give you a certainty dude that this TFC Superion set will be bigger than FansProject's Colossus (Bruticus); TFC's Hercules towers over Bruticus and if this Superion set is to be 'in-scale' with Hercules, poor old Bruticus will be looking rather small compared.

Sorry to be a little offtopic, but in regards to Hercules, can anyone point me to a link which has your negative sentiments toward the toy that I can read? Many of you seem to favor Giant. I'm trying to decide between the two and I'm liking Herc better to be honest...

Heh they're putting their technobots on hold because they don't want to get crapped on again by maketoys. Or maybe they're working together to time their releases so they can milk our wallets of every last penny!?

Regardless though, I agree with kup. Really didn't like their Hercules design and I feel that Superion is gona be the same story. I'd pay $600 for a MP style set, but a deluxe class combiner set is just ridiculous at that price.

Just hope this doesn't deter other 3rd parties from developing their own take on G1 Superion

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Sorry to be a little offtopic, but in regards to Hercules, can anyone point me to a link which has your negative sentiments toward the toy that I can read? Many of you seem to favor Giant. I'm trying to decide between the two and I'm liking Herc better to be honest...
    It's not so much that we're ragging on Hercules dude (At least I don't think I am), but rather a couple of us prefer Giant based purely on design aesthetics but also the fact he's more to scale with FansProject's Colossus (Bruticus) & their Superion upgrade which a number of us possess; Here's a link though.
    (It's a long read but it should give you an idea )

*I personally think the fact that a complete 3rd Party combiner even existing stands testament to what fans can achieve, but also that there is clearly a large enough market out there crying out to be catered to; Hercules is an awesome set of toys, don't get me wrong, but the fact that there is 2 to choose from is what gives rise to division - I feel there wouldn't be an argument if there was only 1x Not-Devastator ever produced.