Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evangelion.....

sorry can't help myself, more cool display pieces

WTF , Hobbyfan having a sale

my favourite 'the girl who loved Powerglide' , the one to display with manboob Powerglide

Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    sorry can't help myself, more cool display pieces

WTF , Hobbyfan having a sale
    Dammit dont show me that.......I am really getting poor now

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    Lord_Zed thats pretty cool, what the figure call?
    \
    Those are the 2 Eva Series variants (winged and battle damage versions) and the Movie version Eva 02 some of the last of the Kaiyodo Evangelion figures, the precursor to todays Revoltech. larger and with a fancier finish than Revoltech but more limited joints, however they are sculpted in a very dynamic fashion and the joints are well placed so you can get some fantastic poses. Not to mention the Eva series has battle damge parts.

One of the most disturbing figures ever, thanks to the base.
    http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD01001

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    the endings of the series are pretty crap
    yea I remember when they used to show it on SBS, my whole family sat there and watched it every week and thought the same thing, the ending was terrible.

But it didnt stop me from buying the boxset when I saw it lol.

i got the revoltech unit 02 and unit 01 evas, and also some bigger scale ones with metallic paint jobs. I got the black one, i think unit 04. unit 00 in blue, unit 02 and unit 01. I'm not sure who makes them but their prety nice
    ~

Would this be the place to discuss aspects of the series? I'm wondering, what was the true nature of Misato's relationship with Shinji? Did she just relate in that way to all men she was close to? Was she giving him some sexual education? Or did she have a bit of a crush on him, at the same time as trying to 'parent him'?

The ending warrants discussion, though probably deserves a whole 'nother thread.

And on a related note, where on earth can you buy 'the end of Evangelion' movie which ties up lots of the loose ends from the series. It seems to be as rare as an anime colours astrotrain G1 reissue!

Try to win this:

Evangelion DVD on ebay.

And no, your not having mine. Its been signed by a few of the voice actors

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by jimoinj View Post
    Would this be the place to discuss aspects of the series? I'm wondering, what was the true nature of Misato's relationship with Shinji? Did she just relate in that way to all men she was close to? Was she giving him some sexual education? Or did she have a bit of a crush on him, at the same time as trying to 'parent him'?

The ending warrants discussion, though probably deserves a whole 'nother thread.

And on a related note, where on earth can you buy 'the end of Evangelion' movie which ties up lots of the loose ends from the series. It seems to be as rare as an anime colours astrotrain G1 reissue!
    Try look for a 2 dvd box set, its the End of Evangelion Death and Rebirth dvds, I picked it up a few years ago, its in a red slip case.

On a related note, I found one of my grails the other day, the Bandai SOC SPEC XS-08 unit 02 eva. I have to say although this series of eva figures are older, their still some of the nicest that have been made, they stand taller than the RD's and revoltechs, and have removable Die cast armor pieces. So far I've tracked down:

Unit 01
    Unit 01 Berserk (with the purple and red paint job like in the new movie)
    Unit 00 (blue version)
    and Unit 02, I will possibly photograph tomorrow!
    ~

jimoinj - if I had to put a label on Misato's relationship to Shinji, I'd go with 'big sister', although, being his legal guardian, she does try to act as a mother figure (in End of Evangelion, she reflects at one point that she wasn't really much of a mother to Shinji). I think her 'flirtiness' is more an attempt to get him to 'loosen up' than a serious attempt at intimacy, but that's me.

Dkaris - congratulations on the acquisition! Just out of curiosity, which Spec Unit 01 do you have, the original series one or the Rebuild one?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    jimoinj - if I had to put a label on Misato's relationship to Shinji, I'd go with 'big sister', although, being his legal guardian, she does try to act as a mother figure (in End of Evangelion, she reflects at one point that she wasn't really much of a mother to Shinji). I think her 'flirtiness' is more an attempt to get him to 'loosen up' than a serious attempt at intimacy, but that's me.

Dkaris - congratulations on the acquisition! Just out of curiosity, which Spec Unit 01 do you have, the original series one or the Rebuild one?
    the original which has the shorter neck, i wish it was just a bit longer but its still a great figure =]
    ~