Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

This is why I never buy anything from China sellers on ebay... not trustworthy.

No offense to anyone from China who could be trustworthy but its happened too many times not to generalise...

Sorry to hear your misfortune Kup, hope you get a decent response from the seller or Paypal.

I had a look on ebay and whether i'm just not patient enough or what, but i couldn't find many good deals. The ones i've missed out on that i want, i have just picked up from BBTS.... with the exchange rate so good, the hit isn't too bad.

Also you gotta consider Matty's bound to reissue more known characters down the line: you can check out this thread on he-man.org that lists known releases as they're announced... Evil Lyn for instance is due January.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Sorry to hear your misfortune Kup, hope you get a decent response from the seller or Paypal.

I had a look on ebay and whether i'm just not patient enough or what, but i couldn't find many good deals. The ones i've missed out on that i want, i have just picked up from BBTS.... with the exchange rate so good, the hit isn't too bad.

Also you gotta consider Matty's bound to reissue more known characters down the line: you can check out this thread on he-man.org that lists known releases as they're announced... Evil Lyn for instance is due January.
    Thanks.

I understand what you mean on costs. The reason why I took my chance with those figures were because they were decently priced when compared to the other sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I bought a few of these loose MOTUC figures and I can confirm that they are indeed legit but I can also add that they are not just stolen but factory rejects or returns.
    It sucks that he didn't use the actual pictures, but I still wouldn't necessarily assume yours are rejects. I've opened plenty of MOSC Classics that have paint problems or incorrect parts. And here are up to a thousand other examples: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168296

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It sucks that he didn't use the actual pictures, but I still wouldn't necessarily assume yours are rejects. I've opened plenty of MOSC Classics that have paint problems or incorrect parts. And here are up to a thousand other examples: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=168296
    Trust me, when you see the figures in person, you can tell they are rejects. I just opened my sealed Webstor and although he has a paint blotch on his chest, the figures I got from the Ebay dealer look as if they are 20 years old next to it due to the dirty paint (which can't be wiped off) and odd colorations in the 'skin' tones, specially with Beastman's head which is really bad and I don't just mean the lack of painted teeth.

When I mentioned the possibility of the figures being factory rejects to the seller, he didn't deny it but instead tried to cover himself by saying that he sells so many figures that he doesn't have the time to photograph each one despite his 'What you see is what you get' statement in the description. He knows that the figures he sells have fundamental defects which are easier to pick off from the assembly line than the odd mis-assembled piece or odd paint app.

He also appears to get a replenishing supply of loose figures and the line is way too new for so many loose figures to be hitting the market. He clearly has someone picking off the rejects from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

When I mentioned the possibility of the figures being factory rejects to the seller, he didn't deny it but instead tried to cover himself by saying that he sells so many figures that he doesn't have the time to photograph each one despite his 'What you see is what you get' statement in the description. He knows that the figures he sells have fundamental defects which are easier to pick off from the assembly line than the odd mis-assembled piece or odd paint app.

He also appears to get a replenishing supply of loose figures and the line is way too new for so many loose figures to be hitting the market. He clearly has someone picking off the rejects from the factory.
    Who is this seller?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

The guy got back to me saying that he is willing to replace parts. He is either manufacturing them himself or picking them off the assembly line. The thing is that several of them look very worn due to the 'dirty' looking paint so I am going to ask him to replace those whole figures completely.

She-Ra looks as if she had a bad hair day and the white dress doesn't help when it looks dirty.

I don't fancy your chances of being able to disassemble the toys without risk of breakage ... i'd try and get full replacements for all of em you can.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I don't fancy your chances of being able to disassemble the toys without risk of breakage ... i'd try and get full replacements for all of em you can.
    Yeah you are right. They are not like TFs in which its easy to disassemble by just removing a few screws. The parts are mostly glued together.

This is what I replied to the guy:

Hi,

I am not comfortable with disassembling the figures without damaging them. Please send me full replacements for Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Faker and She-Ra. Please make sure that the replacements don't have dirty looking paint jobs like She-Ra (specially the hair and dress) and Beastman (looks worn throughout). Also please double check that they have the correct parts and proper paint applications. I bought the figures expecting to receive them in the same condition as shown in your auction photos and item description so please send me replacements that match that.

I will be happy to return the faulty spares once I receive the replacements.

Thanks

Which MOTUC figures are known to be reissued in the future?