Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212636 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I could never understand MISB collectors, You might as well as own an empty cardboard box with some of the TF's as you can't see them. Sort of defeats the purpose of owning a Transformer. You might as well collect the Statues instead but that's just my opinion
    Yeah I agree. The fun of a TF lies in its engineering. And to leave it sealed completely robs you of that experience.

But it takes all types and as long as you're happy than it matters not what others think.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Megatron Guest

That's a valid point but that's why a lot of MISB collectors will also buy duplicates in loose form for the ones they really want to enjoy and play with. MISB collecting is all about the idea of keeping a prized toy in its perfect, untouched, original state, for investment potential yes, but also for the ownership of something that can become the envy and holy grail of serious collectors many years later.

For example, I will buy loose toys of the ones I really like so I can play with them and use them in my comics, but I'll always want a MISB one as well in my collection.

Megatron: Feel free to vote on this poll (likewise anyone else who may feel free to participate). There's also a discussion about different types of collectors. I classify myself as a "Player." Megatron might see herself as a "Curator."

---------------------

Should I bother getting MP Prowl/Bluestreak/Smokescreen from Japan or wait for a Hasbro release? On one hand I don't want to be "burned" like I got with Soundwave and the Cassettes... but on the other hand, I've heard that Hasbro has some issues with car licensing that might prevent them from releasing some MPs into their markets

G1 Fansproject Bruticus set w/ Asia exclusive Bruticus set or Fansproject not-Menasaur?

Leaning towards the FP n-M as Menasaur was one of my favourite G1 combiners along with Defensor as a kid, but FP BM is amazing and I know I'll regret not having it if I don't get it... if only funds weren't so tight and I could have both!

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    G1 Fansproject Bruticus set w/ Asia exclusive Bruticus set or Fansproject not-Menasaur?

Leaning towards the FP n-M as Menasaur was one of my favourite G1 combiners along with Defensor as a kid, but FP BM is amazing and I know I'll regret not having it if I don't get it... if only funds weren't so tight and I could have both!
    A bit hard to compare, as nobody has had a chance to play with not-Menasor yet, but assuming that both are at least of equal engineering marvel, I'd go with FP not-Menasor for sentimental value and hedging against price-appreciation.

First, there's that added sentimental value from your childhood. Secondly, none of Fansproject's releases has fallen in value after initial release (the least popular was probably the not-Insecticons, but they were KO'ed and the original moulds still remained the same price), so it's only by pre-ordering that you will secure the lowest price. The second FP not-Bruticus set will likely remain the same price as the second release has ruined scalpers' profits, giving you some time to save up.

However, price-wise not-Menasor will cost you more as the second release of FP not-Bruticus is $260 ($130+130), whilst for the full set of FP not-Menasor will be upwards of $~360 (first two figures are $60each, whilst second two limbs will likely be the same price + not-Motormaster who will be at least Voyager sized). Noting my second reason, I'd rather not risk the chance of having to pay the scalper's rate at a later stage. Also, scalpers seen at work here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...#ht_2105wt_909

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    A bit hard to compare, as nobody has had a chance to play with not-Menasor yet, but assuming that both are at least of equal engineering marvel, I'd go with FP not-Menasor for sentimental value and hedging against price-appreciation.

First, there's that added sentimental value from your childhood. Secondly, none of Fansproject's releases has fallen in value after initial release (the least popular was probably the not-Insecticons, but they were KO'ed and the original moulds still remained the same price), so it's only by pre-ordering that you will secure the lowest price. The second FP not-Bruticus set will likely remain the same price as the second release has ruined scalpers' profits, giving you some time to save up.

However, price-wise not-Menasor will cost you more as the second release of FP not-Bruticus is $260 ($130+130), whilst for the full set of FP not-Menasor will be upwards of $~360 (first two figures are $60each, whilst second two limbs will likely be the same price + not-Motormaster who will be at least Voyager sized). Noting my second reason, I'd rather not risk the chance of having to pay the scalper's rate at a later stage. Also, scalpers seen at work here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Transform...#ht_2105wt_909
    You make a solid case, and it supports my initial lean (or pushes me over as the case were). The extra $100 for Menasaur is fine because the cost will be spread out over time, though I'm not too keen on being raped for postage 3 times. It will probably come out to more like an extra $200 after postage comes into consideration (sometimes I hate living in Australia).

Now I just need to decide where to buy it from.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    You make a solid case, and it supports my initial lean (or pushes me over as the case were). The extra $100 for Menasaur is fine because the cost will be spread out over time, though I'm not too keen on being raped for postage 3 times. It will probably come out to more like an extra $200 after postage comes into consideration (sometimes I hate living in Australia).

Now I just need to decide where to buy it from.
    BBTS, that way you can put it in pile of loot and ship in one go, plus you can add a couple more stuff in that pile of loot before you ship it, and distributing the shipping cost to per figure will kinda save you a bit of postage cost.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Megatron: Feel free to vote on this poll (likewise anyone else who may feel free to participate). There's also a discussion about different types of collectors. I classify myself as a "Player." Megatron might see herself as a "Curator."
    Hmm.. interesting threads. I may leave a comment in them tomorrow (too late right now, gotta go recharge). Yes, I would be 80% Curator (love your pic btw), 20% Fiddler. Not a Player.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Megatron might see herself as a "Curator."
    In RL yes... but not as "Megatron."

I'm more of a half fiddler and half player.

Encore 20A Devastator($103 shipped on Anime Export) or Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker. ($113 shipped on TRU USA)
    TC is essential for my uprising TC collection, but that's a cheap price for Devastator and he looks pretty cool. I love the cards as well.
    I just can't decide!!!

I really want the TC as a centerpiece for my TC collection, but I LOVE those cards, the toys AND the box on Devastator!!!
    UUGGHHH!!! This is so frustrating!