Page 4 of 307 FirstFirst ... 234567891424 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato & Bandai Macross Toys

Bandai has just announced their Macross VF-100s line. Valkyries in 1/100 scale. It appears that thy have an unbrella license for all of the Macross series (including Macross II: Lovers again). So maybe we could see a VF-2SS.

Many will be happy to see a VF-4 and VF-171...

At that scale they probably won't be perfect transformation tho.

THE POSSIBILITIES!!
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I like the fact that Bandai have an umbrella licence. 1/100 scale should make the line affordable too and the chances of seeing a VF-1, Metal Siren, a VF-2SS and VF-4, all in the same scale makes me drool with anticipation.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Yep, Metal Siren would be nice too. And the VF-XX and a few enemy mechs

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post

At that scale they probably won't be perfect transformation tho.

THE POSSIBILITIES!!
    If the price is right then that's ok,if not....

Are we sure these are toys and not models though?

But I could sure as hell go for a VF171 or VF27. Though I'd prefer the VF 27 in the 1/60 scale.

I'm not a fan of the Metal Siren myself but I'd like to see the VF 4 or the Vampire though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    If the price is right then that's ok,if not....

Are we sure these are toys and not models though?
    They are apparently around the $45 range (roughly double the price of their 1/100 models). The 1/100 VF-25 toy was on display in the same area and the model kit is 1/72, so at this stage it's a safe assumption that it is a new toy line and not a re-release of their 10 to 15 year old 1/100 kits.

Upcoming release dates of Yamato 1/60 Valkyries and Destroids:

The Hikaru 1S is on the way.

Sep - 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk
    Oct - 1/60 VF-J Hikaru with fast pack.
    Nov - 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru without fast pack
    Dec - 1/60 VF-1S DYRL Hikaru with fast pack
    Dec - 1/60 Destroid Defender
    Jan - 1/60 VF-1S DYRL Hikaru without fast pack
    Jan - 1/60 VF-1D

Agh,

Must resist all till the VF 1D so i can get a VF 25! Although the Tomahawk is seriously tempting.

Any reason why all the 1/60 Valks planned so far are all ones Hikaru has piloted? Should this maybe be the 1/60 Hikaru line?

Well, earlier this week i took the plunge on the 1/60 VF-1A with super and strike parts. I'm too stingy to ship it over here tho, so it went to my inlaws in Japan, hence i have quite a wait ahead of me before i get it. I'm sure it'll be worth it though!

In my short time looking at these Yamato toys, it's quite surprising to me how similar the variations are, given the high price point. I don't know why people can't just settle for 1 or 2 of each type.. but each to his own I guess. I'm not too big on repaints & slight retools when it comes to TF's either.

When all's said and done then, the next one i'll be keeping an eye out for is the 1/60 Bandai VF-25 (Alto version.. colours reminds me of the Celica from Sega Rally!)

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Well, earlier this week i took the plunge on the 1/60 VF-1A with super and strike parts. I'm too stingy to ship it over here tho, so it went to my inlaws in Japan, hence i have quite a wait ahead of me before i get it. I'm sure it'll be worth it though!

In my short time looking at these Yamato toys, it's quite surprising to me how similar the variations are, given the high price point. I don't know why people can't just settle for 1 or 2 of each type.. but each to his own I guess. I'm not too big on repaints & slight retools when it comes to TF's either.

When all's said and done then, the next one i'll be keeping an eye out for is the 1/60 Bandai VF-25 (Alto version.. colours reminds me of the Celica from Sega Rally!)
    Awesome my new 1/60 is so cool so I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Regarding the simmilarity of the VF1's, its like TF fans and the Seekers, Aside from the camo varriants each Valkyrie belongs to a different character in the show, and people want to get the whole squadron, cause again like the seekers they look really good all together. But this is one of the peculiar things about us collectors.

That said, myself I have 4 transfroming VF1's now the old 1/60 VF 1J and 2 other old VF1's I picked up cause they were on sale, plus the new VF 1S that leaves them all for dead. I'd love to get the new VF1J but will wait till they make it in the blue Max Jenius colours.

While i admit the VF 1D is not much different from the rest of VF1's I will probably get it for its memorable contribution to the Macross series, and also cause it'll be the only Valkyrie I have with Mimei in the cockpit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Any reason why all the 1/60 Valks planned so far are all ones Hikaru has piloted? Should this maybe be the 1/60 Hikaru line?
    I harn't really noticed that actually I guess it's because he's the lead character and sells the best besides Roy.