Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Galvatran Guest

Hound is painted yet Optimus 3.0 still ain't.

Looks like he's been backpacked. It looks like the fuel tanks for Alt mode have been put behind his shoulders. Still look great from the front, very thick chest and back area now though.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Looks like he's been backpacked. It looks like the fuel tanks for Alt mode have been put behind his shoulders. Still look great from the front, very thick chest and back area now though.
    Actually that is cartoon accurate. The only issues are that the fuel tanks are slightly too small on this figure and that the backpack doesn't taper into the back of the hips: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0FxMhJ-y8q...1600/TITLE.jpg

However my guess is that the decision was made not to taper in the backpack for the sake of articulation.

Looks amazing. The level of slavish cartoon accuracy with such a streamlined body and the level of poseability is insane in the membrane. Lots of gaps and panel lines, which is to be expected, and it will no doubt look better in colour.

Not something that I would personally buy, but it does look very nice.

Come on Takara, show us a painted prototype so I can get even more excited... Until I see the price tag.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

the colour can make or break this piece. I think I prefer this over the Mp-10 design, but is still early days.

Galvatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    the colour can make or break this piece.
    Unless it's GPS, it's more than likely to be heavy handedness that would break this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    Unless it's GPS, it's more than likely to be heavy handedness that would break this guy.
    GPS isn't so much the colour but a composition that's typically found in a type of metallic swirly plastic that's prone to weakness. It can happen in non-gold plastics (e.g. the blue plastics on Darth Vader/TIE Advanced and brown plastic on Transmetal Megatron), and there are some other gold coloured toys which doesn't suffer from this problem (e.g. Goldbug)

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Come on Takara, show us a painted prototype so I can get even more excited... Until I see the price tag.
    What? You don't think paying $400 for him is strange?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    What? You don't think paying $400 for him is strange?
    It depends on whether or not the level of engineering justifies the cost or not. For example, MP36's RRP is about twice that of MP5's but the level of engineering on that toy is also twice as good so most people consider it worth paying. Same with MP Sunstreaker, also about twice the price of MP Lambor but a whole new level on design. $400 will make it $100+ dearer than MP10, but again, the higher tech level may justify the price.

I'm not personally planning on buying this toy, but I'm not going to immediately dismiss it as "overpriced" without having seen the toy. Paying $400 for the ultimate MP Convoy is probably easier to justify than paying $35 for any of the current Cyberverse figures (in terms of bang for your buck).