Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829303132333848 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Convoy 3.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Using the 10% discount and some store credit, I got mine down to $515aud from Robotoyz. I'm happy with that.
    Since Robotoyz failed to fulfill my order of mp-711, I would never risk ordering from them.

I just picked up my MP-10 to have a 'fresh' look at it, having seen the MP-44 photos, and MP-10 looks kind of... ungainly now. The arms (especially the forearms) are big and chunky, the lower legs are blocky, and the rifle looks even more weird (I never liked the look of MP-10's gun - I felt that the design was compromised for the sake of being able to stow in MP-10's back). MP-44 looks lean and elegant in comparison, even with the big backpack.

MP-44 looks amazing in colour. I would have preferred a very light silver-grey for the hips and thighs, but I understand that TakaraTOMY are aiming for the greatest screen accuracy possible. The articulation is incredible. I don't care for the Starscream parts, but the changes to the trailer - making the drone towable by Roller and using the drone's crane arm as a flight stand - are a nice touch.

Considering the engineering that is going into this figure - it looks like the main figure was almost designed from scratch, with the trailer being heavily modified if not also all-new, and the increased costs from both R&D and assembly of such a complex figure, as well as eight years of inflation since MP-10 was released, and I'm actually seeing why TakaraTOMY are charging so much for it. That's not to say I don't think it's too much - I do think it's getting too high for my liking. Perhaps if Hasbro could release a version that didn't have every single accessory - say, if they omitted the extra heads, the Starscream parts, and the jetpack - and cut the price accordingly...

I passed on MP-10 when it was released, regretted it, and went hunting on eBay before I found a listing that didn't have a ludicrously high scalper price. I'm not super keen on MP-44, I do have some concern that I'll be missing out and will have to pay even more once the first production run sells out.

Out of interest, I dug up this thread that Gok started a couple of years ago. It would be interesting to see if and how people's opinions have changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I just picked up my MP-10 to have a 'fresh' look at it, having seen the MP-44 photos, and MP-10 looks kind of... ungainly now.
    Haha, I looked at mine earlier today but came to the opposite conclusions 😄
    The chest and overall proportions just look right to me on mp-10. When I look at the new version the long legs look odd and the groin area looks like a nappy to me.

Truck mode looks even weirder with that angle of the windscreen.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Mp-1 is still king for me.

Leaflet from Tokyo Comic Con 2018:

So pricing is confirmed.

I tip my hat to Takara for getting the cartoon proportions right, but at that price I dunno, kinda wish there was a cheaper version with no trailer and just the gun, cause I mean he's smaller than BW Megatron. I must admit I'm intrigued by his transformation as it looks like the robot chest is hidden inside the truck mode, it looks really interesting, but that price is a bitter pill, especially when there are a plethora of options for Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Haha, I looked at mine earlier today but came to the opposite conclusions 😄
    The chest and overall proportions just look right to me on mp-10. When I look at the new version the long legs look odd and the groin area looks like a nappy to me.

Truck mode looks even weirder with that angle of the windscreen.
    I dunno if I'd say MP 10 looks ungainly, so much as he looks like mecha inspired, he's got long arms and big legs, which are some of the hall marks of mechs, and that was kinda what they were going for in MP's back then.

The new MP's seem to be going for more humanoid proportions like those in the cartoon, and yeah that includes having really big under pants like Megatron did, but that is screen accurate for better or worse..

Stick to your guns, if you can't justify it don't buy it.
    There are many who give themselves reason to buy at that price.

I have only paid for a toy at 37600jpy this year and had to think several times if it was a justified purchase. at 50,000jpy is a no for me. Just soley on price reason and knowing the quality of TT. Even if this was made by Bandai by the way, I have second thoughts placing an order.

This piece may be very well my last TF toy I will buy, but definitely not at this price.

Pre-orders from Japan will be considerably cheaper than 50,000¥. MP-43 was a 33% discount at NY and I would expect it to be similar if not better on this one. Should bring it down to about 33,000¥ plus shipping. Also NY, RK and I'm sure others don't charge the GST. Ebay will also be a good option on release during 10% off sales and you can stack with discounted gift cards.

Or just wait and hope it shelfwarms then pick up on discount. I don't think there is any rush, many people are being priced out of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    Pre-orders from Japan will be considerably cheaper than 50,000¥. MP-43 was a 33% discount at NY and I would expect it to be similar if not better on this one. Should bring it down to about 33,000¥ plus shipping. Also NY, RK and I'm sure others don't charge the GST. Ebay will also be a good option on release during 10% off sales and you can stack with discounted gift cards.

Or just wait and hope it shelfwarms then pick up on discount. I don't think there is any rush, many people are being priced out of this one.
    Agreed. I am guessing they will start pre orders very soon.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

at that price im out

i'll wait to see if hasbro to a version