Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Classic Lego Space collection

Quote Originally Posted by blackoptimus View Post
    Very creative but isn't lego a bit childish for older men?
    Oh my goodness. Lego is perhaps the most creative and educational toy ever. Transformers could only wish to have either of those two labels attached to it.

Google : AFOL

Have to disagree there. As the other guys have mentioned, it's infinitely more creative and challenging, not to mention educational. TFs ultimately are just action figures and there's only so much you can do with them. Sure your child's imagination might take off playing with TFs but the Lego gets people to challenge the boundaries of what they can do, to go outside the box. Think of Lego as not a toy brand but as a source of building blocks that allows you to build whatever you want to.

you should also see what's on the Brick Brothers blog:
    www.brothers-brick.com/

On top of that look at some of the premium Lego sets like the Taj Mahal or the Eiffel Tower. They're just downright amazing in what they are able to capture.

Everyday, I see something pretty darn amazing and inspiring. That's not to say TFs are inferior toys, they offer something else that Lego can't - complex transformations/engineering, characters and personality. But Lego really does test the boundaries of your imagination and changes you from being a pure consumer of entertainment to a creator - which is somethign I have to say I'm guilty of these days. I can blame it on work but there's a strong part of me that would like to be creating rather than simply consuming and Lego offers that avenue.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

1: Don't quote pictures.

2. Don't troll.

3. You just need to grow up a bit more to understand the lego way. Plus you'll also then appreciate lego as a company is pretty much #1 in the world for children/adult bricks and appreciate why they are.

Out of all the toy companies, lego has the best customer service and also parts quality. There are no variances from "toy to toy", they're 99.999999% consistant. So no need to spend time finding the one with the best paint apps, you're guaranteed that any box you pick up is perfect. And if it isn't, lego doesn't hesitate AT ALL to send a direct replacement part for 100% free.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    1: Don't quote pictures.

2. Don't troll.

3. You just need to grow up a bit more to understand the lego way. Plus you'll also then appreciate lego as a company is pretty much #1 in the world for children/adult bricks and appreciate why they are.

Out of all the toy companies, lego has the best customer service and also parts quality. There are no variances from "toy to toy", they're 99.999999% consistant. So no need to spend time finding the one with the best paint apps, you're guaranteed that any box you pick up is perfect. And if it isn't, lego doesn't hesitate AT ALL to send a direct replacement part for 100% free.
    Mate, ease off. it was just his opinion. He's entitled to it as much as we are to our opinions. Don't need to be harsh about it. I don't think BlackOptimus is really all into Lego so he wouldn't know much about it other than from his memories as a kid. Feel free to explain butyou don't need to be ocndescending
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Mate, ease off. it was just his opinion. He's entitled to it as much as we are to our opinions. Don't need to be harsh about it. I don't think BlackOptimus is really all into Lego so he wouldn't know much about it other than from his memories as a kid. Feel free to explain butyou don't need to be ocndescending
    Ha ha, right. Why participate if you have no interest in it then?

Anyway, it's only when you get older do you then actually appreciate lego and how awesome they are compared to hasbro. So take it for what it is instead of trying to feel insulted for some reason.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Ha ha, right. Why participate if you have no interest in it then?

Anyway, it's only when you get older do you then actually appreciate lego and how awesome they are compared to hasbro. So take it for what it is instead of trying to feel insulted for some reason.
    I'm not feeling insulted. I think you need to reassess my post. It simply asked you to ease off on the harshness of your response to someone who isn't well versed in Lego. Remember, this is primarily a TF site. So some people might only be getting their first glimpse at Lego since their childhood days. Even for me, it was Fungal and Stompy posting Lego acquisitions that really energised my excitement. Prior to that my memories were of childish designs with those multi-coloured brick boxes - not the City, Exo-Force, Racers, premium sets etc.

So while you and I might appreciate Lego, others might not as they haven't had the same exposure and we don't need to be so harsh on them.

Pot calling kettle, I repeat we have a call for a kettle, from a pot.