Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP G1 Ironhide WIP - Okay, so sick of waiting for Takara

Default MP G1 Ironhide WIP - Okay, so sick of waiting for Takara

Hi guys,

I have been out of the customising scene for a while. This is just to get warmed up. Yes, its non-transformable however, it is super poseable.

These are the first shot Work in progress. I didnt want to do this on an MP Prime yet as I am quite rusty as I havent been doing customs for a while now but I promise my next project will be transformable.

Anyway, its just a project I have been working on. Any suggestions for the head is welcome, however, as you can see, this is an MP size. So, if suggestions that would fit an MP would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I got sick of waiting for Takara's MP range and decided to do my own.

- See through chest piece. Yet to paint the inside and this is only first coat.

Would love to hear feedback.

Thanks,

Kelvin

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

It looks awesome!

I'm trying to figure out from where you've salvaged the parts from & I'm drawing a complete blank...

Ideas for a head? Hmmmm, Well of all the Alt Ironhides done over the years, they've either been based on Alt Skids...

or sculpted by guys like Valkfan

But as those heads are all Alt-sized, I'm pretty sure they'd look way too small for your MP-sized Ironhide...

Hi Pulse,

Thank you. The base figure comes from Metalverse version of prime. I know, you're probably going to say that I am mad for doing it on that figure.. But I got the version that suffered the paint fading issue and I hated it the day I got the package in MISB. The rest was scratch built with Styrene sheets and hinges and putty.

So, instead of that, I made a figure that I will be happy with. Just missing the head.. But I am looking at a few.

The head suggestion from Skids is too small for this figure. I know the ones I have seen are all like this. However, there hasnt been many attempts of this figure on the net for MP size.

Therefore, I am thinking of using the Ironhide Bust head. Do you know how large that bust is?

The one I am referring to is this:

What do you think?

Looking good. And if/when you do customise a MP Prime for this I could use a spare headlight...

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Kelvin,

I could see that head working

This page lists him as being approximately 6" tall but will you be happy with his scowl...

Um, but isnt the G1 busts made of porcelain or something? You wouldn't be able to pry off the head from that kelvin if it is.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Um, but isnt the G1 busts made of porcelain or something? You wouldn't be able to pry off the head from that kelvin if it is.
    Very true, but I'm sure he could cut it off and drill/sand in a socket of sorts to place on the ball joint.

It looks very good Kelvin, cant wait to see it with the head attached. Just hope you can find a statue at a low price seeing what you want to do to it!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Thanks for all the comments.

Paulbot - will definitely let you know if I have a spare. I will even give it to you for free. so here's rooting this project turns out well so I will do the ratchet.. hehe

Pulse - Thanks. Actually apparently there is a Diamond one coming out. Better head. I wonder if that would fit and should I wait.

Liegeprime & I_am_Trunks - yeah, agreed to be tricky if Porcelain, am finding out now. Thought it was just PVC, although it is still possible. I take it no one owns these busts in on the board.

Yeah, definitely, I am thinking of putting a ball point that fits so that it can turn left right and up down for the head. And I have the gears already for it. Just waiting on the seller's response about the bust. If it all fits well, I will get it. Found one for $10 but the shipping is steep. If it matches, I will still go with it. Its a 6" bust, and I saw pictures of the Wheeljack one next to the MP Prime, the head size looks perfect. But I am not sure if this is the same.

Will definitely update as I do more.

Do you guys reckon I should paint the body (back) metal colour or leave it red. True G1 is metal brownish type colour.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Really appreciate it.

greatnesss!!

the dimensions are good and very G1 accurate, i see that the fist could possibly be removed, great if you can make some accessories from the g1 cartoon
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

This is looking good. I will watch this thread with interest.