Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ToyWorld

The final 3 members of the Gestalt team:

TW-T04 Expressway via BBTS. Also via Chimungmung.
    TW-T05 Shinebug via BBTS. Also via Chimungmung.
    TW-T06 Sideload via BBTS. Also via Chimungmung.

ToyWorld's Car Gestalt product page:

There's a big Energon Barricade vibe coming from Sideload; even the combiner head resembles Energon Bruticus'. The combiner parts does a bit of cheating: so far it doesn't look like the parts can be attached anywhere on the alt-modes; and the combiner head is on an entirely separate piece - much like the Transformers Go! kabuto 'helms'. The parts that comes with Shinebug also makes a $25 price difference from the other 4 limb figures. However, the finished combined mode looks super sturdy (check out the shoulder articulation), and each combiner member are arguably left with their first two modes without being hindered by the combiner gimmick (for those that simply just want their CHUG Throttlebots).

Chimungmung has listed Expressway with an ETA for next month, whilst the other two are due for April 2015.

Edit: Went through ToyWorld's website and noticed an Ultra Magnus-like silhouette. Here's hoping for an IDW iteration to go alongside Orion?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

The combined mode is a little better than I expected, not surprised it's not very integrated though as to me it's an afterthought considering the first two had no real combiner elements.

But anyway I really like the look of Wideload and Goldbug all coloured up, the Wideload homage works even better than I expected so for me it's a win just to have a complete set of nottlebots. everyone else may be going on about various 3rd party MP's, but I just want a complete homage to G1 1987 in CHUG like toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Everyone else may be going on about various 3rd party MP's, but I just want a complete homage to G1 1987 in CHUG like toys.
    I agree, I would like G1 inspired CHUG stuff so I would only be interested in not-Rollbar and not-Wideload. The others aren't close to any G1 stuff for my liking. I don't really care if they combine.
    Spiderken Away!

Ordered these guys through TFIDownunder.

The first 3 are some of the best CHUG cars in my collection, can't wait to finish the set - individually, the G1 reference is a bit light on, but all standing next to each other, the colour combination sells it.

The combined mode is just an added bonus really.

Any movement on the Cliffjumper repaint (remold? can't remember if there's a new head involved) of Shinebug that we saw at one of the cons last year?

I'd be mad into that. The rest of the set, not so much.

EDIT: This guy http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...iffjumper.html
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.