Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627282930313646 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you never realised about Transformers (toys etc)

Megatran Guest

Until now, I never realised G1 Blaster's rub sign is positioned on his groin region. Had to give it a rub on my recently acquired SDCC 2010 Reissue just to make sure it's all in working order.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Happy ending.

Weird coincidences from the Decepticon alphabet...
    + The letter "I" kinda resembles Japan.
    + The letter "M" sorta resembles a light microscope, which is what Magnificus transforms into.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Until now, I never realised G1 Blaster's rub sign is positioned on his groin region. Had to give it a rub on my recently acquired SDCC 2010 Reissue just to make sure it's all in working order.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Happy ending.
    That's nothing compared to where Heinlad's Maximal insignia is located.

I've had Fortmax for about 2 months now and didn't know that there was a flap on spike to cover his headmaster head in robot mode.
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    I've had Fortmax for about 2 months now and didn't know that there was a flap on spike to cover his headmaster head in robot mode.
    Thanks, I never noticed it either and I've had Max since the reissue came out. I feel dumb now.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Thanks, I never noticed it either and I've had Max since the reissue came out. I feel dumb now.
    Don't feel dumb - Know though that with all of the regular Headmasters figures, that said Flap is present on all of them; I don't believe it was present on the smaller "Junior" Headmasters however.

If anything, it just shows that you guys haven't had a heap of experience with G1 Headmasters is all.

Yep, except for the Horrorcons, all the 1987 Headmasters have those flaps, but the 1988 Headmasters don't. The 1988 Headmasters also don't have the "Cross Head On" gimmick that the 87 Headmasters have. i.e. if you switch Nebulans, it doesn't alter the tech specs meter stats since they're fixed, whereas with the 1987 Headmasters it does change. So for example if you put Spike onto Chromedome, Chromedome's tech specs meter will display Cerebros' Strength, Speed and Intelligence (so the idea is that Chromedome inherits Cerebros' traits) and vice versa if you put Stylor on Cerebros. And naturally you can mix and match all the 87 Headmasters' Nebulans and "Transtectors" around. The 1987 and 1988 Headmaster Nebulans are not cross compatible (the former are actually smaller).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yep, except for the Horrorcons, all the 1987 Headmasters have those flaps, but the 1988 Headmasters don't. The 1988 Headmasters also don't have the "Cross Head On" gimmick that the 87 Headmasters have. i.e. if you switch Nebulans, it doesn't alter the tech specs meter stats since they're fixed, whereas with the 1987 Headmasters it does change. So for example if you put Spike onto Chromedome, Chromedome's tech specs meter will display Cerebros' Strength, Speed and Intelligence (so the idea is that Chromedome inherits Cerebros' traits) and vice versa if you put Stylor on Cerebros. And naturally you can mix and match all the 87 Headmasters' Nebulans and "Transtectors" around. The 1987 and 1988 Headmaster Nebulans are not cross compatible (the former are actually smaller).
    Thats another thing I didn't know about the Headmasters. I guess since Max is my only Headmaster I haven't ever had a chance to see any other Headmasters in person.

Always a learnin'
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

This little discussion inspired me to make this thread.

This is probably something I forgot, rather than not knowing...

Seeing this on ebay, I thought it was a fake at first, but apparently there were two Movie box-sets released at the 2008 Hong Kong ACG convention - and Autobot set & a Decepticon set.

Looking on google, I found these images here of the two sets. The ebay auction also lists a link to a news article at the time.

The news posting claims that there were only 100 produced of each, while the ebay auction claims that they were being sold at the event for US$1,000 each! A lot more than the retail cost of the five toys in each boxset (one leader, two voyagers, two deluxes - which retail for about US$110).

The Autobot set - Premium leader Optimus, Premium Voyager Ironhide, regular voyager Ratchet, premium deluxe Bumblebee and premium deluxe Jazz.
    The Decepticon set - Premium leader Megatron, premium voyager Deep Space Starscream, premium voyager Blackout with Scopronok, premium deluxe Barricade and regular deluxe Brawl.

At least they don't appear to be anything different, just a repackaging into a fancy new box, so isn't anything I'm interested in. It's still something I need to add to our 2008 checklist.

The thing that first made me suspicious when seeing it on ebay, was seeing that it was released in 2008 but had Pat Lee signing the certificate of authenticity... three years after Dreamwave had collapsed and he went into hiding owing lots of money to his employees.
    I'm surprised that Hasbro dared to employ him for this project with so many people out of pocket due to his previous Transformers project (Dreamwave).