Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Optimus coming to Australia October

Called all 3 Adelaide stores no Optimus prime or cracker yet

MP optimus was stocked in my local toysrus. I bought one today with the voucher. Very happy, I was expecting them not to have it. 5 left in the morning.

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Picked up Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime from TRU at Mount Gravatt - Brisbane South East this morning. $112.59 with voucher

Just spoke to the TRU on the Gold Coast, and they mentioned that MP Optimus will be in the next catalogue (not on sale, just promoting it), and was really annoyed that Head Office was only sending them, and most other stores, a small amount that didn't even last a day.
    He even recommended that we call up Head Office to (complain) question their wisdom... or to see if the "toxic" unwanted elements of Transformers lately has contaminated retailers' decisions, in that they didn't want to risk having more shelf-warming expensive Transformers costing them money.
    Unfortunately, the stores themselves are being hassled by disappointed customers, and missing out on sales, based on the over-conservative decision by Head Office.

I was also told that there might be more arriving to the stores over the next few days... so if you miss out, check again until Wednesday. If no more arrive by then, the next lot won't be until November (if my original source was correct about that shipment).

I went to TRU At Mt Gravatt todayat about 12 or so and couldn't find any. they were either all gone or they've been hidden really well.

For f*ck's sake there better be enough to stock and not have such a shortage otherwise TRU really are f*ckups.

Grabbed one at Belconnen TRU ACT. Last one in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    For f*ck's sake there better be enough to stock and not have such a shortage otherwise TRU really are f*ckups.
    I think that may be the case....
    Rnd 2 better be bigger.....

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    People are greedy and buy more than one. Should be limits on them. Especially if they are in the catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just spoke to the TRU on the Gold Coast, and they mentioned that MP Optimus will be in the next catalogue (not on sale, just promoting it), and was really annoyed that Head Office was only sending them, and most other stores, a small amount that didn't even last a day.
    He even recommended that we call up Head Office to (complain) question their wisdom... or to see if the "toxic" unwanted elements of Transformers lately has contaminated retailers' decisions, in that they didn't want to risk having more shelf-warming expensive Transformers costing them money.
    Unfortunately, the stores themselves are being hassled by disappointed customers, and missing out on sales, based on the over-conservative decision by Head Office.

I was also told that there might be more arriving to the stores over the next few days... so if you miss out, check again until Wednesday. If no more arrive by then, the next lot won't be until November (if my original source was correct about that shipment).
    Goes to show that Hasbro's management of the overall line has been horrific in the last couple of years. People are not buying the line because they don't want Transformers, it was that the toys they were putting out on the shelf were simply bad and not worth the cost.

When a good toy is released, it sells.
    Last edited by kup; 13th October 2012 at 08:27 PM.