Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Animated Leader Ultra Magnus Review

wait... so how (un)articulated are we talking about here? How many points of articulation does the robot mode have??

This better not be a Leader Class priced brickformer... that would tick me off something chronic. Leader Class figures ought to be better than Transformers in lower price points. We're paying more for them so we bloody well deserve to get more for our buck. Saying that this toy is less articulated than a Deluxe has me worried now. :/ And brickformers are inexcusable with any TF created after G2.

I think i should have chose my words better. He has quite a range of movement (more than Leader Megatron) but a few things hinder him - the shoulder guards often conflict with the back cannons, and his legs need to be one notch out before they can rotate at the knee. His thick, flat feet aren't that great at balancing on diagonals, and his simple (1 position) "toes" dont help much at all.

Posing with the hammer, especially when extended is limited by the size of the hammer coupled with his shoulder guards.

I don't really know how to count articulation points properly, so i've just done a video showing it all - minus the 180 degree rotation with no tilt head articulation (which i forgot to mention in my review as well!) Here's the video of articulation (AVI 3.3MB).

I think i was quick to judge UM because of this Super HCM Pro Gundam figure i have, that has set my standards too high for poseability!

Great pics once again, Kurdt. Drool factor activated.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Wow, if it wasn't for Classics 2.0 at the same time i'd be after all the Animated!

I just finished Transforming mine back and forth.
    I like the transformation sound that gets activated when you fold the shoulders and arms down/up.
    My only gripe, and I'm not sure if any of yours are the same, but the sound gets triggered when ever I move the shoulders/arms. Even when I bend the arm at the elbow, it usually goes off. Pretty much any bump or movement that effects the arms will trigger it.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Mine does that occasionally but it's never consistent. Compared to my Superlink Megazarak, which makes mechanical noises just from picking it up, it's nothing i can't live with!

Mine seems ok.

i'm so jealous of that group photo... :P
    great review kurdt!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

The only problem mine has is that it doesn't like to let me open up the "hidden weapons" section under the front window.

He looks very good looking over/down on the Animated Autobots.

Need to get me a Sentinel Prime and Jazz figures from TRU now...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

You have to REALLY force it open trunks. Mine is quite locked in place as well. Although it is starting to get loose so it gets easier to fold out.