Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 445459606162636465666768697484 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Toy Rumours (must note a source)

Wow. That Magnus redeco shows that Prime can look just fine without the cartoony faux slender waist.

Probably to make it less complex which in turn makes it cheaper with the parts count and costs with engineering

The image, in case it gets taken down from the major fansites...

Is it wrong that I feel underwhelmed by Metroplex? I thought he would be tankier and cooler.. the big arse saw looks cool, but that's a pricey saw ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Is it wrong that I feel underwhelmed by Metroplex? I thought he would be tankier and cooler.. the big arse saw looks cool, but that's a pricey saw ?
    It looks pretty much like Cybertron Metroplex to me. Just with slightly more normal proportions. He's still lanky, just human lanky, not alien robot lanky.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

It still seems a strange choice to me. I have Cybertron Metroplex and he wasn?t that great to begin with. It?s going to be the first Titan I have zero interest in ever owning, which is good I guess financially? But we still have Omega Supreme pegwarming so I think its going to be a flop
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It does seem a little odd given how many people clamour for a titan-class Tidal Wave. Ah well. At least there are a lot of people who have an interest in the Unicron Trilogy stuff.

I've also got no real interest in it, but I started the same way with the Ark. Which is now sitting a metre or two to the left of me as I type, atop my printer, with some very freshly fitted Juqi gap fillers... Cybertron Metroplex could become more interesting with better pictures, which wouldn't be hard given the single poor image that has leaked so far.

Sometimes things don't appeal at all, right up until they're suddenly somehow a really cool lump of plastic :P

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    It does seem a little odd given how many people clamour for a titan-class Tidal Wave.
    Yeah, I've certainly seen Tidal Wave pop up more than once in comment sections either as speculation for an upcoming titan or simply one that people want and I'd be amazed if Hasbro aren't aware of it. That said, it's not like they can't do it the following year or whenever, but yes Cybertron Metroplex as the first non-G1 titan does seem odd.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Don't forget the Cybertron Optimus Prime and Hotshot have been recently released. I guess they are on a Cybertron roll.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    Don't forget the Cybertron Optimus Prime and Hotshot have been recently released.
    I had forgotten them. Was barely aware of Hotshot being from that line originally (and only because I looked him up when the toy was released), and I honestly had no idea that Cybertron was where Siege's Galaxy Upgrade Prime was from

I guess they are on a Cybertron roll.
    Anyway, I would hope so. It's not my thing, but it would be kinda sucky for Hasbro to do one or two isolated toys and then bugger all else. Do a decent range (maybe devote a significant chunk of a year's range to it like BW is getting), or don't do it at all.