Thread: Maximum Dinobots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Maximum Dinobots

I got the first issue a few days ago. It's interesting, despite the fact that I'm not particularly familiar with the IDW G1 universe.

I really liked the designs for the Dinobots' beast modes.

Also, is it just me, or is Grimlock like Wolverine?

How is Grimlock like Wolverine? If you mean in terms of being an anti-hero then it's nothing new - Grimlock's always been an anti-hero since G1, especially in the Marvel Comics.

And in G2...

And Beast Wars...

...basically, Grimlock's always been like that.

Wolverine always acted as if he prefered to be a loner or work alone. Grimlock on the other hand is not a loner type character as he prefers the Dinobots as company and is very loyal to them.

He is a Team player (even if just his own team) while Wolverine likes to pretend he is a loner (even though most of the time he is not).

I should have made myself clearer.

In my mind, this Grimlock's being like Wolverine in that...oh wait, never mind. I was going to say "he's a badass who gets whole comic series devoted to himself" but that's, like, all Grimlocks.

I read somewhere once that Wolverine has appeared on more comic book and magazine covers than any other X-Men character - so he seems to be a big favourite amongst authors and fans. Grimlock would definitely be a fan favourite and Simon Furman himself has openly admitted that he is his favourite Transformer and that he does enjoy writing about Grimlock.

Does anybody want to buy a bunch of Sunstreakers to repaint as Machination Headmasters?
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.