Page 18 of 154 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Lego Acquisitions

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Awesome Leige. Looks like you need some blue baseplates for water and an airport. That beachhouse Stompy suggested is good too. I bought two of them for my daughter who loved making them.

My acquisitions lately include all released Agents sets so far including 7 and 8, The SW Republic Fighter Tank and the Mars Mission Hypersonic Operations Craft. Also got the small Mars Mission fighter jet (unsure of name) but have modded it to be double the size with more weapons and a rear compartment to carry the Martian victim in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    How about the latest Creator sets. The white convertible in particular is excellent. With a wokring coverting roof that folds into the boot at the flick of a switch:

]
    Damn Stompy, that Convertible Creator set is huge. (I'm assuming thats the Voyager Grimlock behind it for size comparison) Had my eyes on that the other night.

And can anyone tell me why that Dinosaur creator set is so damn heavy?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

That's awesome, Liege.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    That's some prime real estate in the background

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Damn Stompy, that Convertible Creator set is huge. (I'm assuming thats the Voyager Grimlock behind it for size comparison) Had my eyes on that the other night.

And can anyone tell me why that Dinosaur creator set is so damn heavy?
    Yeah that is Voyager Animated Grimlock and Deluxe Animated Jazz. The Creator sets are generally huge. The convertible has an opening bonnet with engine, opening doors and of course the converting roof. The Ferry in the middle has the tip of the ship split open and the drawbridge goes down on both front and back via a little knob.

The Creator sets are generally heavy as there's usually more parts in them than regular sets as it mostly uses standard bricks and plates. But mainly because it contains about 6 pretty thick booklets that gives instructions for each of the 3 featured models on the box. So don't be too fooled by the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc
    That's some prime real estate in the background
    Yeah I loves me OP's. Just cut off is the bigger trailer, Cybertron Prime, Alternators Prime and MP04 OP. I needs to get me more OP's. Any offers?

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I love that city. I only noticed a few more things today too;

The kitty on the house roof

And the animal head in the back of the transport semi.

I also like the use of the crater plates for the construction scene.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Picked up at the recent Target toy sale.

8158: Speed Racer & Snake Oiler
    8159: Racer X & Taejo Togokhan
    8636: Mission 7: Deep Sea Quest

Both the Speed Racer sets are very neat, the cars are sleek and well designed. Only gripes is the interior of the cars are a bit bare, some weapons would of been nice and the sticker sheet oh god the sticker sheet (I'm looking at Taejo and Snake Oiler here). Other than that they look fantastic all lined up side by side. I really hope Lego do more of these minifig scale Racer sets in the future.

I really like the Deep Sea Quest set from the Agents line. That submarine is long, longer than what I had expected. It's about as long as my Lego Star Wars Republic Attack Gunship. I really like black trawler, Lego was nice enough to give you a spring loaded missile shooter instead of the flick ones that you usually get. But my favourite part of the set is the Slimeface minifig, he just looks absolutely fantastic!

Picked up Takanuva today. A good looking set. Doesn't look much like a hero, but man he is a good build
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    Awesome Leige. Looks like you need some blue baseplates for water and an airport. That beachhouse Stompy suggested is good too. I bought two of them for my daughter who loved making them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I love that city. I only noticed a few more things today too;The kitty on the house roof
    And the animal head in the back of the transport semi.
    I also like the use of the crater plates for the construction scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    That's awesome, Liege.
    Thanks guys, took me three hours to figure out a more presentable arrangement for the roadplates seeing as I dont have a lot of choices to arrange it. Which is why Im hoping to get more. Sorry if the pics came out blurry, hard to focus with trembly hands. MV75 did you spot the pet monkey cleaning in the Fire station . there are a lot of nooks I didnt take a shot of (e.g. the crime scene, the runaway criminal, skinny dipper trio).

Stompy I saw those beach houses and am indeed going to get em, thank goodness for layby. TDD I actually saw blue baseplates but only on ebay, and Ive tried to bid on some ( some have islands design as well) but always end up outbid or back off due to it reaching such exorbitant price range. It would be great to have a lot of those though

Darn I really like those orc sets... guess Ill add that to the layby... darn TRU exclusive
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks to "encouragement" from guys like Stompy, STL and i_am_trunks, Mel HAS gone to the "BRICK SIDE"... And boy I'm still in a daze why the itchy finger picked up my first Lego set (since childhood) from the last day of the Target sale.

But you see, the BF sort of snatched it away from me instead:

But the end result, done by the both of us was this:

And I also took the Stego Creator set $55.62 from Kmart sale to put on layby with my TFs. This is the beginning of the end...
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!