Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Guinness World Record for the biggest collection of Transformers

Galvatran Guest

Default Guinness World Record for the biggest collection of Transformers

A UK-based digital article on 18th May 2018 titled: Manchester MD eyes up world record for his Transformers collection

Louis Georgiou, co-founder and managing director of Manchester-based digital agency Code Computerlove, has today launched his campaign to land the Guinness World Record for the biggest collection of Transformers.

His incredible collection of more than 1,900 ‘Robots In Disguise’ – and memorabilia such as magazines and DVDs – far outstrips the current official record of 1,000, so he is confident his application will be successful.

He has catalogued his compilation and will be filming the official count next week.

A self-proclaimed obsessive character, he began collecting the plastic figures when looking to buy a Christmas present for his son.

He started displaying his unboxed favourites on his desk within the agency, based in Sevendale House in the Northern Quarter, but when his hobbyist habit escalated, and he moved on to amassing collectible boxed Transformers, he managed to fill the office and its storage spaces as the number of toys reached the four-figure mark

“It was only when I’d literally filled my house about a year ago that I realised it might be time stop,” he said.

“I do know that I get quite obsessed with things, and with the Transformers it’s about the collecting, but also the design, the illustrations, the artwork, the packaging, the engineering behind them and the clever transformations,” he said.

“It’s very similar to how I got into the digital industry to begin with – I started with a passion for design and an obsession with coding and engineering.

“The trait that got me where I am in the industry is what also got me interested in Transformers.”

Mr Georgiou will find out in the next few weeks if his attempt has been successful.

If he becomes the new record holder, to celebrate, he plans to donate 50 of the toys to the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital.

A second article of the same person (23 May 2018).
    https://stories.swns.com/news/dad-ha...rabilia-98455/
    Last edited by Galvatran; 1st October 2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Added 2nd article

There are people on this web site that own more than 1900 Transformers.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Don't forget... this is the largest collection, that someone has bothered to register with Guinness. As with all Guinness records, they are only the ones they recognise because someone has approached them... they don't go looking for them, or determining if there is a bigger/better record out there. They probably can't afford the time or money to do that.
    The mere fact that there is/was no record listed for "Largest Transformers Collection", leaves it to collectors out there to be the first... no matter how small their collection is.
    We may know of people with bigger collections, but until those people register their collection with Guinness, they aren't "Guinness World Record" collections.
    So please be mindful of that before anyone thinks about making fun of Guinness, or the current Guinness record holder... and congratulate each record holder for going through the process of applying to Guinness and having their collection verified by Guinness.

(I've been thinking about submitting my collection for about a year now... not because I think it is the world's largest, but because I want it to smoke out collections that are bigger than mine, to find out just how big a collection can possibly be.)

Hasn’t this come up before?

Griffin has almost 1900 TFs down the back of his couch next to the loose change.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Hasn’t this come up before?

I think the last one was someone in Central or South America with about 1300 TFs applying to Guinness for the record, because no one had applied to claim it yet.

I don't know how that one turned out, but I hope he wasn't bullied out of it (and out of the hobby) by all of the fanboys who made fun of his efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    because I want it to smoke out collections that are bigger than mine, to find out just how big a collection can possibly be.)
    I like this plan a lot!

Galvatran Guest

I posted the article on the board as a good news story. Good to see people not ridiculing him for it or comparing to other collection sizes.

Anyhoo, I'm so pumped there are TF fans out there who are putting themselves up for scrutiny by GWR. Such a proud moment for the guy if it does make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Griffin has almost 1900 TFs down the back of his couch next to the loose change.
    I read couch as crotch. That explains why the ladies always ask him "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
    Last edited by Galvatran; 27th September 2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Literally laughed out loud and spat coffee