Page 94 of 154 FirstFirst ... 74848990919293949596979899104114 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Critics Thread

I recently rented a movie from a DVD vending machine ("kiosk") last week and the film was a new release. It was the first time that I'd ever done that, as my previous suburb has (had?) a Blockbuster that we still rented from, but my current residence doesn't have one. It was significantly cheaper than renting from a rental store (less than half the price!).

The film that I rented was a new release - it was actually something that my wife wanted to watch so I just selected that movie and rented it and didn't do any other browsing. But here's my question to those of you who may be more experienced at renting from automated kiosks -- do they also rent out old weekly titles or are they all overnight new releases? Cos uh, yeah... I do occasionally like to watch old titles that I don't own (nor do I want to purchase).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I recently rented a movie from a DVD vending machine ("kiosk") last week and the film was a new release. It was the first time that I'd ever done that, as my previous suburb has (had?) a Blockbuster that we still rented from, but my current residence doesn't have one. It was significantly cheaper than renting from a rental store (less than half the price!).

The film that I rented was a new release - it was actually something that my wife wanted to watch so I just selected that movie and rented it and didn't do any other browsing. But here's my question to those of you who may be more experienced at renting from automated kiosks -- do they also rent out old weekly titles or are they all overnight new releases? Cos uh, yeah... I do occasionally like to watch old titles that I don't own (nor do I want to purchase).
    I've used the Hoyts Kiosks a lot. There's no "weekly" titles at the Hoyts one, they are all overnight, but the older titles can be cheaper. Hoyts do a $1 deal on older ones. Browse the Genre "$1 rentals" here.

The age of DVDs will vary but there's usually not a very long history past 12 months. Sometimes older movies are added when there's something new out, like I saw the first Avengers DVD added back around the time Avengers 2 was in cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I've used the Hoyts Kiosks a lot. There's no "weekly" titles at the Hoyts one, they are all overnight, but the older titles can be cheaper. Hoyts do a $1 deal on older ones. Browse the Genre "$1 rentals" here.

The age of DVDs will vary but there's usually not a very long history past 12 months. Sometimes older movies are added when there's something new out, like I saw the first Avengers DVD added back around the time Avengers 2 was in cinemas.
    The last time I went to a DVD rental place, I was looking for some good old 80s action movie. IN particular The Running Man. I went to the same store that when it had VHS had pretty much every movie in existence. It was truly a great place.

Then the DVDs came and their selection dropped dramatically. They didn't have the Running man, nor did any of the other stores in he area. That made me very sad and slightly annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The last time I went to a DVD rental place, I was looking for some good old 80s action movie. IN particular The Running Man. I went to the same store that when it had VHS had pretty much every movie in existence. It was truly a great place.

Then the DVDs came and their selection dropped dramatically. They didn't have the Running man, nor did any of the other stores in he area. That made me very sad and slightly annoyed.
    I remember doing that. There was a local video store that was huge. So big that it was a shock when they didn't have something old you were after.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The Running Man is great. I own it on blu ray. Some great one liners

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    The Running Man is great. I own it on blu ray. Some great one liners
    My favourite one liner (regarding a certain gruesome death), "He had to split".

Shin Godzilla tho

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post

i hope you left enough room for my fist, because im going to ram it in your stomach!

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Shin Godzilla tho
    is this related to the godzilla that came out a couple of years ago? i think the director was the same guy doing the star wars rogue one spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i hope you left enough room for my fist, because im going to ram it in your stomach!
    Yes that's one of my favourite lines hahah