Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers and pre-Transformers concept art

Default Transformers and pre-Transformers concept art

Amongst all the TF5 movie art showing up lately, some early Gen1 and pre-Gen1 drawing proposals have shown up on twitter (WARNING - a number of
    their other tweets are for Adults only), similar to the unproduced ideas in the back of the original Generations book.

This one has ideas including a transforming toy carry case, a giant Optimus battlestation, and some early ideas for Metroplex.

While this one has what looks like could have been an Autobot Volcano/Ark base playset, and a very very big mobile battlestation (if the tiny Sideswipe car is to scale with it).

bowspearer Guest

They just added a concept pic for an Autobot and Decepticon transforming book.

Some more have been tweeted, including a concept idea for Hun-Grrr, and what looks to be a Diaclone toy.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Some more have been tweeted, including a concept idea for Hun-Grrr, and what looks to be a Diaclone toy.
    The last one looks a little like a more anime styled FOC Metroplex, to be honest.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The last one looks a little like a more anime styled FOC Metroplex, to be honest.
    I thought something similar as well as I was typing up that post, but then saw that someone had posted up an image of the actual Diaclone toy, apparently called Fortress Robot X.

I'm loving this old design artwork, it's so interesting to see potential designs compared to what we received as a final product. significant changes for reasons untold
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I thought of the big ship from vehicle Voltron. Really it is typical 70s/80s Japan.

bowspearer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    the actual Diaclone toy[/URL], apparently called Fortress Robot X.
    Fortress-X was always an interesting one - complete with a pneumatic-powered set of turbolifts for dianaut sized pods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2s7LBPd1Wc

Some more early concept drawings have been tweeted, including the three modes of Octane, and proposed (but unproduced) car launcher carry cases.

Another one from the same source, this time being a vintage car that turns into a cowboy themed robot.