Big, exciting news is likely to be posted up as individual news items, and deserve to.

This is just for the smaller news items, and other BotCon events that aren't too news-worthy.

Wed 25th April - pre-registration pickup begins for those in the Custom Classes and Pre-con tours. Golden Ticket holders at 8.30 & 9.30 for the regular pre-registrants.

The attendee figure is revealed to be "Praxus" a Heroic Decepticon from the Mirror-Universe, using the Darkmount/Straxus mould... done in a golden-brown with brown and green.
I have photos of my own, but it is just quicker to give a link to one of the fansites that already have pics up.
(I'll upload my pics as soon as I can, as I have a pic of the robot mode as well)

And the Customising Class figure is "Longarm" (think back to Animated).
Looks like it is a Mirror Universe Shockwave, using the Classics Jazz mould, with a new head, gun-arm and weapon.
Similar idea to the Binaltech/Alternator series, with Shockwave being a purple Jazz.
Update - figure comes with two heads for the class members to choose which version they want...
(quote from TFW link above) "We can use either the Jazz head or ... a custom Shockwave head! Bio: he's a SG Autobot secret police. He's an Autotrooper. Leads them actually."

And after recent years revealing the at-show figures names in the BotCon program guide, a day before the toys are shown, it was the first page I turned to...
The figures for this year:
Small set - (Shattered Glass Gen2) Optimus Prime & Kickout (2000 sets)
Big set - Octopunch & Spinister (1500 sets)
3-pack - Junkions (2000 sets)

Plus 350 copies of two different Lithos this year, one can be seen here (shows off a couple of the at-show characters).