Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Go

Circular Quay area, you can get like 5 pokestop overlap by walking few steps... 3 are together, another 2 is few steps away. Activate a lure and walk around them. Sadly I have only manage to go there 2 times so far.

Sydney Fish Market and the park next to it or Hyde park in CBD.

I have only caught 122 or evolve Pokemons so far.

Kangaskhan is everywhere, sometimes I dont even bother catching him as its hard to get him and no use for the candies.

Where to find Dragonite, Lapras or Snorlax? I notice some people have lot of them in the gyms that I am in.

Others I still need are Electabuzz, Omastar, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, etc....

It's annoying that now if you see a Pokémon in a gym it counts towards your seen total even though you've not seen them in the wild. Went from 88 seen and caught (been waiting for weeks to get closer to 100 with a lucky egg evening of evolving) but now I'm 88 caught from 93 seen.

I too would love to know where people find lapras, electabuzz, fossils and so many dratini. I'm guessing heavily populate pokestops may have something to do with it. I've only hatched an aerodactyl and haven't even seen a growlithe yet so many nearby gyms have arcanines!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I am really surprised by how common Khangastan is. We've caught something like 10 of them so far... the Farfetch'd is REALLY hard to find in Hong Kong... you can search for a month and still not get it.

However I do notice some of the semi-rare Pokémon seem more common here like Machops and dodrio and more evolved Pokémon appear more frequently. It certainly makes it harder to have a full bag when you have so many fewer pokestops to access though. And a lot harder to get coins as the gyms are so few and they all seem to be level 8 or 10...

It's almost a different game in oz to what it is in Hong Kong... just my observation anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    It's annoying that now if you see a Pokémon in a gym it counts towards your seen total even though you've not seen them in the wild. Went from 88 seen and caught (been waiting for weeks to get closer to 100 with a lucky egg evening of evolving) but now I'm 88 caught from 93 seen.

I too would love to know where people find lapras, electabuzz, fossils and so many dratini. I'm guessing heavily populate pokestops may have something to do with it. I've only hatched an aerodactyl and haven't even seen a growlithe yet so many nearby gyms have arcanines!
    It depends on your area I think. Our home in HK is right on the water so we get lots of dratini. We have a park close by that was a nest for Jynx but has now become a nest for growlithe/ valpix... so I guess there are nests in Sydney too? You'll just have to find them perhaps...

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

The tracker maps online let us see parks or golf clubs that are nests for certain Pokemon. Sometimes they even stayed the same while the rest of the areas saw a shift in the Pokemon population of that area.

For example, omanyte was around Melbourne museum, Pikachu at a nearby park, electabuzz was at a golf club. These would rescan all day every day. The Pikachu park luckily changed just before the maps died to Kabuto park.

Albert park lake (F1 Grand Prix) has had a few changes, ghastly (we found wild final evolve so didn't bother) abra (2 nights and we had enough for alakazam) and vulpix.

Drafting doesn't show like this..... But hunt magikarp long enoug and you get the drafts in between

I hung around CQ for a few hours (my second time there for Pokemon) waiting for my partner to finish work on Monday night. Caught 3 Dratinis, 1 Dragonair, several Kabutos, Nidoqueen, and Hitmonlee. On my first time there I caught Lapras and Snorlax (over a month ago, during the hype).

Belmore Park near Central is a good spot for Kabuto. I've previously caught Kabutops from Rhodes though.

Got Omanyte and Omastar from Parra river.

Hatched Aerodactyl but also caught one outside Bondi Westfields - right after City2Surf, I did not have the energy for it, but my partner went ballistic when she saw its silhouette on the nearby list.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I found random Aerodactyl at a park near where I stay, I saw him on the map, click on him but got the gym he was standing nearby, close the gym but he was gone. Spewing. Then saw him again at another park/playground nearby few days later and got him, about CP1400. I found a few Jinx at a park at one night, but when I went back there next time, none of them turn up, which was very strange. I also need more voltorb and magnemites. I found some dratinis at those large drains but still not enough to evolve a dragonite, usually go there to find magikarps.

Magamar always turn up at Eastwood park. Havent go there for the last month so not sure if its still valid or not.

I spend an hour and quite a lot of potions to take a level 10 gym down to level 7 as majority of the strong pokemons are in the gym. Also I need to clear some of the potions as I got too much. The next day, the gym was gone, someone had finish the job I started. Once the gym is down, it will be hanging around level 4-6 for quite a while. Nowadays I usually get 7-8 in a gym daily to collect the coins.

Any working radar or scanners nowadays? Saw a growlite that is nearby yesterday, but couldnt find him.

Loved the Halloween event; double candies from captures, transfers and egg hatches as well as significantly reduced buddy walking distance.

Spent real money purchasing a lot more incubators and was able to get some pretty decent hatches from it, including my first Porygon.

Will all the candies and hatches, after I do a few more evolutions I will have 139 out of the 141 Pokemon I can get in New Zealand (and am 14 candy away from being able to evolve a Grimmer but the one I have is very weak).

Also finally got my first wild Dragonite (a few hours after securing all the candy needed by walking a Dratini)

However I will be glad to see some of the other Pokemon; as I use the Plus to capture, I found the Halloween Pokemon harder to capture in general

I found the Halloween ones easy to catch, was all the other random ones like low level Pidgey I was having troubles with

lol hatched a chansy today and evolved my pikachu loved 250m buddy for pikachu atm