Page 104 of 136 FirstFirst ... 849499100101102103104105106107108109114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1351

Thread: tv shows what u into

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Enjoying Son of Zorn. Funny stuff.
    It's a bit like, what if He-Man was real, but from an animated universe, and had a family with a human female... and then how would those two "worlds" interact.
    I got bored with it after the first episode though, as the concept was pretty much the same after that.

Anybody watching the first season of Luke Cage that came out over the weekend?

Entertaining, although falls a little short of the standard set by Daredevil I feel. Marvel's doing well with the Netflix series, if only they could write some decent villains other than those in Spiderman.

A repeat of the Toy Hunter tv show is on Channel 99, at 11.30pm on Wednesday. Not sure if it is just a space-filler episode, or a regular timeslot.
    There ended up being 3 seasons of that show, of 41 episodes, and I think only season 1 ended up showing here on free-to-air.

There's also a William Shatner Roast on Thursday at 9.30pm on channel 9... which could be amusing... and most likely tasteless, but I've seen a fair bit of his works, so might find it funny when it gets referenced or roasted.

I was actually surprised that he is 85 years old. I was watching that "Better late than never" show last week, with four old "famous" people from TV and sport, travelling the globe, with the first episode being Tokyo... and one of them mentioned that he was 85. He certainly doesn't look 85, but I looked it up, and sure enough, he was born in 1931. (which I guess makes sense, as he was obviously in his 30s during the original Star Trek, and that was 50 years ago now)
    This week (on Thursday at 8.30pm) they travel to Hong Kong, which is another location I'm familiar with, so it should be just as interesting, and amusing.

Bit late to the party but another set of thumbs up for Stranger Things, it's like Stephen King and Speilberg had an 80's orgy... ok that sounds wrong but those who have seen it will get what I'm on about
    My wife asked me why I carry a gun?, I said "Decepticons"... She laughed, I laughed, the toaster laughed, I shot the toaster. It was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Certainly proves the rule - if it ain't broke, don't fix it (even if you do have a paperclip and chewing gum).
    LOL! 10 points for that joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Later tonight on SBS2 is a movie 'Journey to the West'. A different perspective to the tv series with the same title that aired many moons ago (aka Monkey Magic).
    Was that a movie that looked fairly recent in Japanese? All characters done by Japanese SMAP actors if it is.
    They had a TV series run for aboutt 10 episodes. Not quite as good as the original Monkey Magic. The hing that annoyed me the most was that Monkey made a sudden shift from being reckless and selfish to spouting lectures at the bad guys about the goodnees of humans in the first epi.

It did have some good moments, like when there are impostor Monkey, Pigsy and Sandy characters, and the person playing Tripiktaka is a sexy girl. A good joke, since Tripitaka is supposed to be a boy, but is usually acted by a girl.

Watched the first episode of Westworld and gots ta admit that I really enjoyed it. They definitely managed to build anticipation for where the story is going

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Watched the first episode of Westworld and gots ta admit that I really enjoyed it. They definitely managed to build anticipation for where the story is going
    I had not even heard about this show until I read an article on SMH about how degrading it was towards women. I decided to give it a try and not judge before watching and I am glad I did. I really enjoyed it when you look at it as a show about human nature and not about objectifying women (I found the article to take a very narrow interpretation of the show upon reflection).

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    ... how degrading it was towards women.
    ... objectifying women (I found the article to take a very narrow interpretation of the show upon reflection).
    Wow, that never entered my mind while watching it. That must have been a veeeeery narrow interpretation of the show. What do people expect? It's a western and ladies rarely get the good end of the stick in them generally, but there is nothing in there that I saw that makes it any worse than any number of shows.
    Wow. (again)

Megatran Guest

Channel 7 & it's affiliate channels are labelling any movie they have not previously aired with the 'Premiere' tag. Mortal Kombat movie was released over 20 years ago ... yet it carried the Premiere tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Channel 7 & it's affiliate channels are labelling any movie they have not previously aired with the 'Premiere' tag. Mortal Kombat movie was released over 20 years ago ... yet it carried the Premiere tag.
    All of the Digital channels are doing that, and it really annoys me... as if it will attract attention like a "new" sticker on a food item at the grocery store.