Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: March Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Received MISB TFC Blitzwing in the mail today - courtesy of a US eBay seller (and 170 big ones)

It was worth every penny!

Blitzwing was my second TF ever as a kid and my first Decepticon, so you can't put a price on re-living your childhood (even if it is the re-issue and not the original G1 toy).

*snip*
    Congratulations VP!
    I 100% agree, you can't really put a price on reliving things from your childhood as there is just no other feeling like it - Glad you've been finally able to acquire Blitzwing dude!

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    So with all the recent sales on movie figures, I kinda went on a bit of a rampage...

*snip*

...and yes...that is both Buster Prime and Jetfire in Bot and Alt modes as well as Jetpower Prime in the middle...which means...yes...I bought three twin packs
    Damn!
    Congratulations ITZTRU on acquiring 3 lots of those awesomely painted figures! - They look really cool displayed together like that!

My acquisition today is courtesy of Sharky!
    Beast Wars Maximal - Ironhide (Magnaboss)
    After close to 6 years, I've finally got a set of those blasted clubs to complete my Magnaboss to 100% in parts terms!

Got myself a Battle in space pack, was surprised that the matrix was metal.

Mate brought me back RtS Ironhide and an old TF movie interrogator Barricade from the USA. Was not really interested in either figure, but hey it was very nice of him to grab them for me, and they were so cheap it ends up being two for hte price of one figure bought in Australia.

Also painted up an old KO figure, but will take pics later when I finish some more.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Man, not that the TFC isn't nice, but should have went for g1, either mib or misb... or AFA. Especially only getting a select few figs...I'm sure you can afford it
    It's not whether I can afford it, it's the justification in spending $400+ for a MISB or AFA graded item that will forever remain sealed simply for the sake of nostalgia.

Having said that though, I'm still keeping my eyes out for a MISB or AFA graded one and may pick one up if it's the 'right price'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Congratulations VP!
    I 100% agree, you can't really put a price on reliving things from your childhood as there is just no other feeling like it - Glad you've been finally able to acquire Blitzwing dude!
    Thanks dude, but yeah I guess there is a price limit childhood nostalgia (see my reply above)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Got myself a Battle in space pack, was surprised that the matrix was metal.
    +1 I was quite shocked myself after expecting it to be made out of plastic and the chrome being painted on... good bonus I suppose.

Default Mirage

Thanks Fatbot!!!!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Grappel today thanks to Adds

United Tracks and Disney Label Buzz Lightyear finally arrived today!

A little to the left... a little bit more...

United Tracks and Jazz from RK yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    United Tracks and Jazz from RK yesterday...
    That's one whitey Jazz!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post

Damn!
    Congratulations ITZTRU on acquiring 3 lots of those awesomely painted figures! - They look really cool displayed together like that!

Thanks Hursticon! I gotta admit, I wasnt all into the movie figures at all what so ever...but then I bought the cheap starscream...and going by my current trend of how I display my transformers ie: bot and alt modes, I just couldnt stop! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    hey that looks awesome... looks like you need to pick up a g1 ghost starscream too(or ehobby version which ever release it was)

when displayed like that.. it make the case for buying multiples stonger.
    please don't tempt me!