Page 331 of 467 FirstFirst ... 311321326327328329330331332333334335336341351 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 4670

Thread: The Computer/Console Gaming Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I would suggest for those of you after a PS4 to get the PS4 Pro in November. Sony is going on about how great it is for UHD gaming, but they are not requiring games to run at 2160p (4K). Because quite frankly the PS4 Pro's hardware is not great for 2160p (and neither will the Xbox Scorpio) developers have the option to do 1080p, but give you more eye candy at the lower resolution, this is a more compelling argument for the Pro and Scorpio.

A high end gaming PC with a GTX 1080 that is twice as powerful struggles to do 2160p at 60fps so how Sony and Microsoft expect their consoles to do 2160p without a major compromise is beyond me.
    i think developers on console can extract more from the given hardware because they have better access to it and less stuff in the way like drivers and middleware. it is also constant, they don't have to worry about a million different hardware configurations. these all impact pc development to an extent. having said that, im pretty happy with witcher 3 at 1440p with everything maxxed out on my gtx 980ti hehe

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    i think developers on console can extract more from the given hardware because they have better access to it and less stuff in the way like drivers and middleware. it is also constant, they don't have to worry about a million different hardware configurations. these all impact pc development to an extent. having said that, im pretty happy with witcher 3 at 1440p with everything maxxed out on my gtx 980ti hehe
    That is true, but with the specs of the Pro no amount of optimization is going to allow any remotely intensive games to run at 4k. Vanilla PS4 can't even do 1080p/60 for most of its games

NBA 2K17 is out today. Who else is getting it?

This week my gaming has been as follows - playing GameCube games via an emulator on a Mac running Windows plugged into my TV with my Steam controller through Steam Big Picture

Anyone else playing WoW at the moment?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Anyone else playing WoW at the moment?
    Yeah, and I don't even have legion. I'm just enjoying trying out the classes again. Warrior is heaps fun.

Two really big announcements last night. As promised Rockstar released the first trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. Spoiler, it looks beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4

Second Nintendo announced the Nintendo Switch, the final name of the Nintendo NX, unfortunately they gave no details about specs so we don't know if it will be based on the rumoured Tegra 1 or Tegra 2. If it is Tegra 2 it might be able to run Wii U games in backwards compatibility instead of needing you to buy a new Switch specific copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I like the look of the Switch. I like the portability but no doubt some significant hardware compromises happened to enable it. Still, I'm getting a PS4 Pro of my oldies for Christmas so I might pick up one of these for something different.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Two really big announcements last night. As promised Rockstar released the first trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. Spoiler, it looks beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmA6MrX81z4

Second Nintendo announced the Nintendo Switch, the final name of the Nintendo NX, unfortunately they gave no details about specs so we don't know if it will be based on the rumoured Tegra 1 or Tegra 2. If it is Tegra 2 it might be able to run Wii U games in backwards compatibility instead of needing you to buy a new Switch specific copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI
    The only official info is that it is a "custom" Tegra GPU. We don't know if it's based on the Tegra 1, 2 or something more. However we did see what appears to be the Enhanced version of Skyrim running on the Switch so it most likely be a Tegra 2 or more.

The switch appears to be at least loosely on par with the vanilla PS4, so that should be an improvement from the current place Nintendo is at with the Wii U. However what is really important is how the general public will see this. As far as I know, Joe Public doesn't even know what the NX was or what the Switch is.Every prior news and rumor mill about the NX and then the announcement of the Switch has been in Geek/enthusiast channels - Nothing on mainstream media. If Nintendo wants this to succeed, thy need the general public to buy the system, not just game geeks.

The Nintendo Switch is something that I'm warming up to more and more, it seems so accommodating. For example, if my best mate can buy just the dock so I can bring my Switch for some Mario Kart shenanigans on his TV for bourbon night I'll buy it day one.

I would have a second dock in my computer room so I can pick up the switch from the living room and transition to the monitor without suspending play that's something I will utilise a lot. I'm loving the possibilities of this.