Page 60 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast

Thread: The Food Thread - comments and recommendations

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's all angus beef here anyway. Don't worry kids.

Anyway, anyone yet heard of the whopperito? Yes it exists, but not here.

Anyway, people are saying that just poppys is the best Brisbane burger. I tried Getta last week.

Griffin should try the triple loco http://www.zepickle.com/burgers/
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Another of my favourite snack foods is now off the shopping list - Pringles, joining Shapes after they changed for the worse (no longer a hard cracker & changed flavours)... which is actually a good thing as neither were nutritional in anyway.
    Have you tried the new original flavour Pizza Shapes? They taste good again and are hard crackers again. Picked up a packet and took to camp.

Reminds me of the Slurm Factory episode of Futurama, change formula and when everyone hates it, brings out Slurm classic and makes billions lol

The only new ones I tried were bbq. Didn't finish the box, disgusting.

Original pizza shapes were good. I had a box the other week, left a nice bits collection at the bottom.

Good marketing though, people are interested in shapes again and yea, just a marketing stunt all this was, I mean, what other conclusion do you go to when you first saw no original bbq shapes, even though the website had them as a product on the shelves, to a single column of them at the bottom of the shelves, now to dominating the entire middle row at the shelves, all the while the new flavour is going the opposite way?

Griffin, Doritos are crud. Too much salt/whatever on a wafer thin I don't know. Go to the taco shelves and look for the mission corn chips in the paper bags. They are the best on the market. Taste good and have decent thickness and crunch.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Have you tried the new original flavour Pizza Shapes?
    Yes.... probably a little too much though, just in case they disappear again.

Thing is they were always around, they were in multipacks.
    Code:
    O o 
      _

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Anyway, people are saying that just poppys is the best Brisbane burger. I tried Getta last week.

Griffin should try the triple loco http://www.zepickle.com/burgers/
    Donut burger... hehehe.

That's so American, but I would like to try one eventually... just to see what all the fuss is about.

Griffin, Doritos are crud. Too much salt/whatever on a wafer thin I don't know. Go to the taco shelves and look for the mission corn chips in the paper bags. They are the best on the market. Taste good and have decent thickness and crunch.
    The mission chips are indeed nice, and I prefer the old style "hard" corn chips that we used to have here before Doritos showed up, with their softer American styled corn chips. Then CCs went soft, and finally the generic brands changed too... as I remember the Woolies Homebrand were the hard style for a while after CCs changed to match Doritos, but that was a few years back now.

Thing is they were always around, they were in multipacks.
    I had a look today and they also say on their packs "new and improved flavour", so must be the new type in them now.

Oh that sucks, but at least pizza shapes were always still there even when the boxes weren't
    Code:
    O o 
      _

I just noticed that my favourite burger franchise (Burger King/Hungry Jacks) has had a really rough ride in Hong Kong.
    The burger chain is about 60 years old, but only started up in HK 30 years ago in the 1980s... and then closed up in the 1990s due to poor sales.
    It then came back to Hong Kong in 2003, apparently building up to over 20 stores by 2011, but then the stores started disappearing again over four years, down to just 2 by the end of last year - at the airport and at the Peak.

At least if I ever go back there, they still have the outlet at the airport (in the Skyplaza though, which is not part of the main airport terminal), but the Peak store is out of reach for a quick snack, as it can be a couple hours round trip, and an expensive tram ride up the mountain.
    (most of the menu is fairly standard Western items, unlike their KFCs, but sometimes they have something unusual that I want to try out)

On the plus side, it would force me to try more local foods, and not be distracted by Asianised Western franchises.

Code:
    O o 
      _

It looks like the nachos I had at zambrero yesterday