Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vietnam?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    To play devil's advocate, the flipside of this is what we have in Australia where there is arguably a lack of consumer patriotism which has caused a lot of Australian business to either go belly up or become foreign owned. This is something which has frustrated the likes of people like Dick Smith who's campaigned for a long time to try and keep more jobs in Australia. So I can see the rationale behind having consumer patriotism, but yeah, the downside to that is a lack of visible brand diversity.
    I know what you're saying. I expect even tho I'm regarded as one of the best workers at the Big W I work at I'll be out of a job when Amazon commences full retail operations in Australia in Q3 this year. Jeff Bezos the CEO of Amazon has said he is trying to make it financially irresponsible to shop anywhere else.

If you're looking for tf's in Saigon you'll find some really bad knock offs in some small street stores.

Official stuff can be found at retail stores in the big shopping malls, but expect to pay at least $40AU for a deluxe, $60AU for a voyager and so forth.

Also, be careful of pick pockets and communist propaganda. The latter is excessive in tourist hot spots such as the Cu Chi tunnels.

Have fun and don't be afraid to try different cuisines! Oh and don't drink anything that has ice cubes in it. Ice cubes = one ticket to the toilet

Communist propaganda makes me whole. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Japan ain't as high-tech as you'd imagine But maybe not a good idea to base idea/opinion of a country on a videogame
    It's more high tech than Sydney! Although a lot of their infrastructure is from the 1960s

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I found myself comparing it to a veneer of high tech on top of my rich uncle's fashionable 70s house. It can be very high tech but mostly normal, and sometimes surprisingly dated. That said the truely old can be hard to find thanks to the war.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It's more high tech than Sydney! Although a lot of their infrastructure is from the 1960s
    Yet it works, and often more effectively than our newer infrastructure here. I cannot tell you the number of times that I've had an Opal card misread, yet Japanese scanners work every time for me. And when I was travelling around Japan with a school group, it worked every time for students and other staff members too. These little delays add up on school trips. #ifitaintbroke

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yet it works, and often more effectively than our newer infrastructure here. I cannot tell you the number of times that I've had an Opal card misread, yet Japanese scanners work every time for me. And when I was travelling around Japan with a school group, it worked every time for students and other staff members too. These little delays add up on school trips. #ifitaintbroke
    The Bullet Trains are not exactly from this century, but they are something I want to check out. The Tilt Trains we have in Queensland are much newer but darn they are craptacular.