View Poll Results: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arcee

4 7.55%
  • Blurr

0 0%
  • Kup

0 0%
  • Jazz

18 33.96%
  • Mirage

0 0%
  • Hound

6 11.32%
  • Sunstreaker

4 7.55%
  • Blaster

3 5.66%
  • Galvatron

5 9.43%
  • Cyclonus

2 3.77%
  • Scourge

0 0%
  • Blitzwing

2 3.77%
  • Astrotrain

3 5.66%
  • Insecticons

2 3.77%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

4 7.55%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Which character would you like to see in the Masterpiece Line?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

I suspect for hound they will break the scale just like ft Willis,.
    Please explain?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Please explain?
    Hound's alt mode is based on the Jeep J59 which, if you did a quick google image, is quite a small car. If the MP is scaled to vehicle size, the bot mode will be small, practically Bumblebee size. If the MP is scaled to his size in bot mode (ie Prowl) then it will be an oversized Jeep. FT Willis chose the latter.

G1 Runabout / Runamuck
    G1 Topspin / Twin Twist
    G1 Skids
    Beast Wars Neo Longrack (love this guy!!)
    RiD Rail Racer

Repaints:
    Tracks into G2 Skram
    Bumblebee into Goldbug / Bugbite / Glyph
    Seekers into G2 variants / Sandstorm etc
    Sideswipe into Breakdown (G1 + G2) / maybe RiD Prowl with some retooling?
    Ironhide into Energon Towline with retooling
    Inferno into Energon Inferno with retooling
    Grapple into Energon Roadblock with retooling

And I'll stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Hound's alt mode is based on the Jeep J59 which, if you did a quick google image, is quite a small car. If the MP is scaled to vehicle size, the bot mode will be small, practically Bumblebee size. If the MP is scaled to his size in bot mode (ie Prowl) then it will be an oversized Jeep. FT Willis chose the latter.
    And from all accounts I'd say that was the right call. I want to see all the original G1 season 1 bots done in MP but I must confess to also wanting more non-seeker Decepticons

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Ahh, fair enough. Just like the G1 version. I would have been pretty annoyed at that puny little robot if I got it when I was a kid.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Personally I'd like to see more Best Wars MP's or perhaps some MP Triple changers. While I would like more Autobot cars, there are many out already as well as unofficial ones making them a lot less unique and interesting.

Seems like any old company can design a transforming car, I'd like to see Takara apply their ingenuity to a triple changer or a Spiderbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Ahh, fair enough. Just like the G1 version. I would have been pretty annoyed at that puny little robot if I got it when I was a kid.
    Personally I always thought Hound should be a bit smaller than the other Autobot cars in bot mode. He was bested by Rumble in the cartoon after all.

For the purpose of this poll I've voted Jazz, but dammit I want a Beast Wars Megatron!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    For the purpose of this poll I've voted Jazz, but dammit I want a Beast Wars Megatron!!
    I second your desire for Beast Wars Megs, also Tarantulas and Blackarachnia for that matter.

I’d really like to see Wreck-Gar. Specifically designed so others of that mould can ride him in bike mode without it looking awkward.

If it was good enough and they gave us a few different Junkions I’d buy several

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    As it is I've never understood why they haven't done Overkill and Slugfest - both showed up in the G1 cartoon (albeit very briefly) and would go great with MP Soundwave. I can't imagine many MP collectors that have Soundwave not picking those 2 up.
    Sigh... 2 years later and still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I’d really like to see Wreck-Gar. Specifically designed so others of that mould can ride him in bike mode without it looking awkward.

If it was good enough and they gave us a few different Junkions I’d buy several

Sigh... 2 years later and still waiting
    Wreck-Gar is a nice dark horse pick. I'm always surprised how little love he gets, his G1 toy was and still is one of my favourite G1 figures.

You know what else I'd be down for? Skids - it was my first transformers toy, both modes are really nice and he has so many repaints (Crosscut etc).