Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Toys 'R' Us Australia goes into administration

While we're reminiscing I'm still amazed Toyworld is still open at Kiama. I remember about 30 years ago we had to go there to find Scattershot to complete the Technobots after my mum called around everywhere. While there are still toy sections of department stores for kids (and us adults!) it's just not the same as walking into a stand-alone toy shop.

Standalone toy stores just aren't as profitable unfortunately. They don't have the luxury of having other items to subsidise their sales.

Speaking of Kiama Toyworld, I remember having to get Hursty to get FOC Soundwave and data discs from there I think. Somethin. And found WFC Soundwave at David Jones in Canberra many moons ago, only store I ever saw him in too

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    While we're reminiscing I'm still amazed Toyworld is still open at Kiama. I remember about 30 years ago we had to go there to find Scattershot to complete the Technobots after my mum called around everywhere. While there are still toy sections of department stores for kids (and us adults!) it's just not the same as walking into a stand-alone toy shop.
    We used to have a Toyworld (I think it was Toyworld) in Cronulla Mall many years ago. They used to have this huge electric Ferrari that was hanging over the top of the store as you walk in. I still remember saving my pocket money and buying the stunticons and protectobots from there as well as my grandma buying me Soundwave for a birthday one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    We used to have a Toyworld (I think it was Toyworld) in Cronulla Mall many years ago.
    Same store is actually still trading. What was Toyworld Cronulla is now Fraser Cycle's at Taren Point. They hardly order Transformers though, now.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister