Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOE US Target Exclusives

Default AOE US Target Exclusives

Hopefully I can get this right this time!

Via TFW:

The official Transformers Facebook page has updated, today showing off the Target exclusive releases in the Age of Extinction line. The exclusive releases that will only be available from Target in the US include the following:

Voyager Grimlock and Deluxe Optimus Prime Two-Pack - Grimlock is the Fall of Cybertron toy, with a Generation 1 style deco. Optimus Prime is a silver chromed version of the Dark of the Moon Deluxe Optimus Prime, armed with one of the Generation 1 Predacon swords.
    Construct Bots Grimlock and Optimus Prime Two-Pack - A set of the Construct Bots Age of Extinction Grimlock and Dinobot Rider Optimus Prime, with Optimus Prime once again in silver.
    Smash and Change Silver Optimus Prime - The Age of Extinction Flip and Change / Smash and Change figure, redecoed in grey. Notice a trend developing?
    Titan Silver Optimus - last but not least, the Titan Optimus Prime figure is also done up in silver as a "Silver Optimus", in this case it's a flat silver figure and largely completely unpainted save some gold effect that almost looks like yellowing.

The theme of the Target exclusives definitely seems to be based around offering "silver knight" versions of Optimus Prime.
    The highlight is definitely the DOTM Optimus and FOC Grimlock set, though the fact that they're releasing Constructbots Grimlock in unused G2 colours will be of interest to some. The less said about the Titan the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    The highlight is definitely the DOTM Optimus and FOC Grimlock set
    I must say, I do find myself wanting that Grimlock...

There's no wrong when posting news. It is better to have people having a go (if they follow the rules & format), than not having people try at all.

That is one heavily chromed Optimus toy. Hasbro have suddenly gone nuts with shiny plating lately... maybe they found a factory that does it cheap, and are trying to put bling on as many toys as they can to make them "pop" from the store shelves at kids and parents.
    (hope it doesn't flake or rub off like a lot of previous toys... but longevity isn't a concern for toys, as long as it doesn't come off within a couple weeks out of the box)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That is one heavily chromed Optimus toy. Hasbro have suddenly gone nuts with shiny plating lately... maybe they found a factory that does it cheap, and are trying to put bling on as many toys as they can to make them "pop" from the store shelves at kids and parents.
    (hope it doesn't flake or rub off like a lot of previous toys... but longevity isn't a concern for toys, as long as it doesn't come off within a couple weeks out of the box)
    I've been trying to decide, looking at the pictures of both the vehicle and the robot mode, if the entire cab section is actually chromed, or if it's just a grey that's been made to look that way by the chrome on other parts. As far as I can tell, it looks like the chrome is present on the cab portion of the robot mode, which suggests that yes, it's the whole front of the toy. The thing is that if it is all chromed, then it's desirable (and wouldn't be too far out from a number of real world trucks in colouration) but if it's grey then blech! But I'd still buy it for the Grimlock. Any thoughts?

Grimlock looks nice, I kind of want him. Apart from the dino mode looking a bit plain, I'd buy it. Don't like the Optimus though, the chrome is fugly and I don't like the proportions of the mould in general. If it's cheap or on clearance or something, I'll consider.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I'll take that G1/foc mash up Grimlock. That's something I wasn't expecting at all

Packaging images of two of the gimmick Optimus toys have been released now as well, from the same source.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Packaging images of two of the gimmick Optimus toys have been released now as well, from the same source.
    Silver Knight Prime????

Is it because he has a sword and shield?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Silver Knight Prime????

Is it because he has a sword and shield?
    Maybe something will happen in the movie?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust