Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: GEN-TR Trypticon is in Australia

Default GEN-TR Trypticon is in Australia

For all those people panicking about if and when we will get the glorious Trypticon toy here in Australia, well, word from a reliable source is that Trypticon is in the country, and should be making its way to a certain retailer (first) any day now.

UPDATE - JUNE 8th - the toy has started arriving at BIGW stores, and some may start putting them on shelves as soon as they get them, but most should be sitting on them until the June toy sale in two weeks time.
    The full price of this figure is $298, which as noted below, follows the trend of $50 increases each year for Titan toys at BigW.
    If it is part of their June toy sale, it may be discounted (I would hope it is discounted), but be prepared if it isn't, as the last three Titan sized toys weren't.

And now a warning... each new Titan in Australia has been significantly more expensive than the last, despite the US retail price remaining pretty much unchanged for all four of them. Fingers are crossed that we get a good deal for Trypticon, but be prepared for some wallet pain if we didn't.

2013 - Metroplex - US$125 (in America) - AU$150 (cheapest in Australia... cheaper than in America) (BigW June sale - AU$100... much cheaper than in America)

2015 - Devastator - US$150 (in America) - AU$200 (cheapest in Australia... again, cheaper than in America) (no discount in BigW June sale)

2016 - Fortress Maximus - US$150 (in America) - AU$250 (cheapest in Australia... not cheaper than in America) (no discount in BigW June sale)

2017 - Trypticon - US$150 (in America... no price increase again) - AU$300 (??? will it be in the BigW June sale on sale ???)

Photo proof from one of the members who posted them up in a followup posting...

Last edited by griffin; 8th June 2017 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Griffin.
    Looking forward to this...
    Price will be an important factor as I'd ordered one from PC previously.... so retail purchase will largely depend on how much they're asking.
    No idea where I can display this though.
    Wife will not be impressed.

I just went to Big W today and got a tip their big toy sale will be at the end of the month...hope Trypti will be there

I guess if big business can rip us off at the petrol bowser it can try it's hand at ripping us off on other goods and services.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Ouch, so now BigW are charging scalper prices, with the exchange rate this would be AU$200 so I'd like to know how they justify an extra $100 on top of that.
    What, they think because a movie is coming out that they can charge more or something?
    I mean I already have one on order but that particular retailer is never going to deliver so I knew I'd probably have to buy this twice just to get it once, but that price makes it closer to me buying it three times just to get it once.
    Thanks but no thanks BigW

Megatran Guest

Looks like I'll be getting a box crush, dirty finger print, spider security dint, customer returned one... at clearance time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Ouch, so now BigW are charging scalper prices, with the exchange rate this would be AU$200 so I'd like to know how they justify an extra $100 on top of that.
    What, they think because a movie is coming out that they can charge more or something?
    I mean I already have one on order but that particular retailer is never going to deliver so I knew I'd probably have to buy this twice just to get it once, but that price makes it closer to me buying it three times just to get it once.
    Thanks but no thanks BigW
    Don't forget the toy sale mate, they may drop the price by a fair whack for it. Just wait for the catalog to come out before making final judgement.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

I will still be laybying mine at that price. BigW have had a 20% off sale where you can adjust your toysale layby. Did it last year and the year before with Fort Max and Lego.

Aye true true, might just be a placeholder price so they can claim a lower price is a "sale" price then never put it back up, just not impressed by first impressions, but you're right they could do that