Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars 2010 Vintage Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Oooo... where were they?? Do you know how much... I've been waiting for these.

The vintage boxes look awesome - I really want the AT-AT one too.
    They are at Target Tuggerah and are about $60 I think. Dont quite remember. I just love seeing Boxes and cards like the ones I grew up with again

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Cheers I actually managed to find them (by accident) last night while shopping at Target. They had Snowspeeders and TIE Fighters and I grabbed one of the latter. The packaging is brilliant! It was $69 - a little rich, but worth it I think (just). Could probably wait for a sale, but I was too impatient last night!

Now, I can't wait til the new AT-AT in vintage packaging starts showing up!

Have you guys noticed that there are two varients of the Boba Fett figure out in this series? There's a newer mold which has plenty of articuation up to today's standards of figures and his antenna is seperate from his helmet AND then there's an older mold which has very limited articulation and the antenna is molded into his helmet? Are there any other figures that have been released in this line that get the same treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Have you guys noticed that there are two varients of the Boba Fett figure out in this series? There's a newer mold which has plenty of articuation up to today's standards of figures and his antenna is seperate from his helmet AND then there's an older mold which has very limited articulation and the antenna is molded into his helmet? Are there any other figures that have been released in this line that get the same treatment?
    Ah crap, just bought the old style today after work, and looked it up on ebay and there are 2 versions so now i have to go back and find the new version

Yes, this is a special "exclusive" Hasbro are doing... it's just like a promo that Kenner did in the early 80s... It was a mail-away promo for a Boba Fett figure (originally) and Hasbro (to honour the anniversary of ESB) has done the same thing with a brand new "old style" Boba Fett figure. Although you can also get them in-store now.

So, yes, there are 2 entirely different versions... one has 2010 articulation and the other has 1980s articulation (and it looks to be an all new mould, which is quite amazing) but it's designed to look like the 80's vintage figure.

No other figures have retro counterparts.

Saw those new Battle Packs... 'Attack On Hoth' and 'Defense of Hoth' today. They look pretty good actually. The AOH one is the better of the two though imo.

I unpacked a few of those vintage snow speeders at work the otherday, they look kinda nifty. On an unrelated note, did anyone else read about carrie fisher admitting to snorting cocaine while filming empire strikes back?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I unpacked a few of those vintage snow speeders at work the otherday, they look kinda nifty. On an unrelated note, did anyone else read about carrie fisher admitting to snorting cocaine while filming empire strikes back?
    She was a 'Snowspeeder'.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Saw those new Battle Packs... 'Attack On Hoth' and 'Defense of Hoth' today. They look pretty good actually. The AOH one is the better of the two though imo.
    i saw them today gotta get the AOH one always wanted an AT-ST do you know if they will be coming in the vintage packaging too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Yeah thats 20+ year news. LSD was another of her things. She realised she had a problem when working on the Blues Brothers.