Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW's free-comicbook-day will be Gen1 #80.5

Default IDW's free-comicbook-day will be Gen1 #80.5

For those keen on the upcoming continuation of the original Gen1 comic, IDW has announced that their 'free comicbook day' comic for Transformers will be #80.5 - a bridging issue I guess.

IDW Publishing
    Transformers #80.5
    Simon Furman (w); Andrew Wildman (p), Stephen Baskerville (i); Wildman (c)

The wait is over--after a 20-year hiatus, IDW proudly returns to the original TRANSFORMERS comic book universe, picking up right where 1991's TRANSFORMERS #80 left off! Optimus Prime, Grimlock, Kup, Hot Rod and all your favorite Generation One TRANSFORMERS characters charge into the future as fan-favorite writer Simon Furman and legendary Transformers artist Andrew Wildman present TRANSFORMERS #80.5! Reflecting back on the dizzying highs and the terrifying lows of the original run of Transformers comics, Optimus Prime watches over a Cybertron that hasn't faced Megatron for decades. But that peace shudders to an end, as we dive headlong into July's TRANSFORMERS #81!
    Because the Fans demanded it! Thousands of TRANSFORMERS fans signed petitions urging us to make this book--and IDW listened!
    Free comic book day is May 5th 2012. Check with your local comic store to reserve a copy.

It's an interesting idea to relaunch G1 on FCBD rather than any of their other licenses, I guess timing wise it makes more sense than either of teh onging books.

Time will tell if bringing it back was the right idea or not, but anything that gets Furman on IDW Transformers books again cant be all that bad.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Time will tell if bringing it back was the right idea or not, but anything that gets Furman on IDW Transformers books again cant be all that bad.
    Agreed!

Now, to make plans to travel to Sydney in order to obtain free Comic Book.

It's an interesting idea to relaunch G1 on FCBD rather than any of their other licenses, I guess timing wise it makes more sense than either of teh onging books.

It's also the exact same thing they did with the GIJoe ARAH issue#155 last year which continued from the original marvel comic more or less.

Said comic is still going so, I guess they want to replicate that success.

At least with Transformers they don't need a floating timeline. Ir so I hope.

bowspearer Guest

It's a smart move. Their statements about G2 don't exactly inspire confidence in their ambiguity. It's a narrow tightrope they're walking with their approach to G2. I just hope they don't trip and fall off it, figuratively speaking.

Interesting news, thanks!

Wildman and Furman have both released comments on the upcoming series, which is said to definitely end at #100.

Be aware of spoilers if you click on this link.

So a 2 year run...

I like that idea of giving writers a definitive timeline to work their magic, help them tie up loose ends etc.

I wonder how many Furmanisms we will see, and I really hope they can work in a death for Dirge (again!).
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

So a 2 year run...

I like that idea of giving writers a definitive timeline to work their magic, help them tie up loose ends etc.

I wonder how many Furmanisms we will see, and I really hope they can work in a death for Dirge (again!).
    Don't forget beating up and tormenting Skids.

Aw man!... So pumped for this continuation, I really like the approach they've taken with the art too; best part? - No bloody Yomtov!