Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Japanese website interview with TakTom designer Hasui Shogo on MP13 Soundwave

It was alright. Nothing too special, but I'm interested in his ideas for some MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    For those still interested; SydneyY over at TFW2005 has just posted his translation of the very article that Doublespy brought to our attention - Some very interesting details & insight as always.

I love that Shogo Hasui takes note of all the animation errors found throughout the G1 cartoon!
    Cheers for passing the info along to SydY man. I loved his MP10 interview and I know for a fact that that very tranlation work has converted many people to get MP10.

Turns out this was about Soundwave and Sideswipe/Red Alert. I particularly like how he made SW/RA's robot mode taller so the bonnet as chest looks smaller. It is already extremely difficult to keep the external scale accurate in both modes(faithful to cartoon in robot mode and somewhat faithful to real scale with Prime in car mode), and he has to take in consideration of internal scale/proportion as well.

Some liked Kobayashi's MP work better, I on the other hand absolutely prefer Hasui's take. Sadly, from the context in the interview Ultra Manus or Jazz won't happen any time soon...

btw loved that Audi R8 story Trent, and who dosen't love a melted aluminum car?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    A MP Combaticon set would be pricey! If they're the same price point as most MP these days, we're looking at approx. $300 for the lot
    That wouldn't be outrageous for an MP-quality combiner. A Takara/Fansproject Bruticus would already set you back $260, and they're roughly scout-sized figures. More comparably, TFC's hercules would cost you $500 for a set, and other third-party combiners (TFC's Superion, MMC's Predaking, FansProject's Menasor, etc.) look to be in the same ballpark.

Of course, Takara should be able to make their figures cheaper than what third parties would charge; but if you're in the market for combiner teams, $300 for a Masterpiece combiner isn't a bad deal.

A MP Magnus would be sweet. Didnt get the repainted Prime for that reason. I too hope it comes to fruition.
    Though I know this is a long shot in the dark but I would love a MP Superion as he is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by seespotrun View Post
    That wouldn't be outrageous for an MP-quality combiner. A Takara/Fansproject Bruticus would already set you back $260, and they're roughly scout-sized figures. More comparably, TFC's hercules would cost you $500 for a set, and other third-party combiners (TFC's Superion, MMC's Predaking, FansProject's Menasor, etc.) look to be in the same ballpark.

Of course, Takara should be able to make their figures cheaper than what third parties would charge; but if you're in the market for combiner teams, $300 for a Masterpiece combiner isn't a bad deal.
    Never said that it wasn't a good deal or outrageous, just pricey. $300 is still $300 regardless of what you're getting for it Anyways, this is all speculation at this point as I like to see what I'm buying before handing over any amount of money.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

"To be honest, what I'd love to release most is Ultra Magnus."

woooo! UM for the next MP!