Page 390 of 1041 FirstFirst ... 370380385386387388389390391392393394395400410 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 10406

Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Normally they are prizes/event giveaways.... never seen one as an option by yourself to purchase

forgive me if this is a really dumb question...

but i've been re watching the G1 cartoon from the beginning
    ( last time i watched it i would of been a child )

now in the first 4 or 5 episodes i keep seeing as a background character a purple seeker? they also show skywarp, thundercracker and starscream.... in the colours we know and love, but there is also this unnamed "lilac" seeker.

he's only in a handful of shots... but he's there.

who is he?
    is he just meant to be one of the other seekers and the colourists have stuffed up?

does anyone know?

thanks a bunch

janda

No official names were given in the cartoon, but since the Decepticon cast was about a quarter the size of the Autobot cast in the first season, the animators occasionally padded out group shots with multiple Decepticon jets, Reflectors and even the odd Frenzy/Rumble clone.

For more info on the Decepticon Jets, go here.

Some were later given names/toys by Hasbro, like Sunstorm (yellow) and Acidstorm (green).

Quote Originally Posted by janda the red View Post
    now in the first 4 or 5 episodes i keep seeing as a background character a purple seeker? they also show skywarp, thundercracker and starscream.... in the colours we know and love, but there is also this unnamed "lilac" seeker.

he's only in a handful of shots... but he's there.

who is he?
    is he just meant to be one of the other seekers and the colourists have stuffed up?

does anyone know?

thanks a bunch

janda
    PRINCE POSEIDAVE

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON
    FUNCTION: WING COMMANDER
    FIRST APPEARANCE: "More Than Meets The Eye, Part 1"

"Whoever stands by a just cause cannot possibly be called evil."

PROFILE: Prince Poseidave is part of a lost dynasty of Decepticon royalty whose ancestry traces back to a Decepticon of legend known only as either "The Fallen" or "Emperor of Destruction." Brother of the mighty gestalt warrior King Poseidon, Poseidave is commands the deadly and elite special squadron of Decepticon jets known as Lavender Squadron. Poseidave has a strong need to control his environment, down to the most minor detail. He is known for his impulsive behaviour and rapid mood changes. At times he can be a nervous wreck, then a second later he is in high spirits. Poseidave is highly valued among the Decepticons as a 'bot of action, although he requires constant stimulation and finds it difficult to enjoy periods of quiet and relaxation. Owing to his royal heritage and emotional limitations, at times Poseidave finds it difficult to accept the authority of others and does not tolerate any dispute regarding his status either as Lavender Squad commander, or as a Decepticon prince. The only Decepticons he will take orders from without question are Megatron, Shockwave and King Poseidon.

Poseidave is suspicious of friends and foes alike. He does not trust anyone and his suspicions are accompanied by extreme sensitivity to any criticism. He is personally hurt by any criticism - even constructive criticism - regarding his actions as squadron leader. Similarly, Poseidave has a strong emotional need to demonstrate superiority over his followers as well as his rivals. Because of his heritage, Poseidave perceives himself as a leader of extraordinary historic stature with a strong sense of self-entitlement. His interpersonal skills are characterised by problems relating with others, stemming from his need to be manipulative, bring them closer or distancing them as he sees fit. He has no close friends nor feels the need for them. Poseidave sees himself as a physical symbol of the Decepticon empire. This is outwardly expressed in his appearance having painted himself in the royal Lavendar of the Decepticon standard. All members of his squadron are similarly coloured this way.

Abilities: Poseidave is the only Decepticon sky raider capable of undersea flight. His reinforced frame is extremely durable and able to withstand deep-sea pressures without being crushed. He displays incredible ability as wing commander, which is why fellow Decepticons are willing to not only tolerate, but also follow him without question in battle. In jet mode, Poseidave has a maximum speed of 3080km/h (Mach 2.9) in atmosphere, or 450km/h undersea. Like his brother, Poseidave is fully operational up to a depth of 9 kilometres. His range is 5150 kilometres. He is armed with mounted gravity-rod guns, which by altering the strength of the gravitational field around any object their beams hit, the guns can cause an object to either crash or float away. The larger the object, the less effective are the guns.

Weaknesses: All of Poseidave's abilities can be hampered by his volatile emotional state. If he is in an emotionally stable mood, then is a very effective fighter and leader, however this can change quickly, leading both himself and his followers into trouble.

Disclaimer: profile may not be canonically official

thanks griffin... very informative link, appreciate it. ( glad i'm not seeing things )

cheers gok... you may of inspired my 1st custom lol

janda

I've tried googling but I turn to the real source of TF knowledge...

what, if anything, is the DIA in DIA Powered Commander/Convoy short for?

I read somewhere, maybe the energon pub at seiberton that it stands for diaclone inspired armour. But that could of been a fan thing not official
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

The armour is in the same colours as Diaclone Car Robot Powered Convoy, which is the name for the Diaclone toy that was later used for G1 Ultra Magnus. So I'd say that the name is a homage to that, but of course they can't actually use the names "Diaclone" or "Powered Convoy" since they're intellectual property of Takara, so they probably called it D.I.A. Powered Commander to get around that.

Ultra Magnus nearly came out in Transformers in his Diaclone colours too -- they even had footage of Transformers The Movie where Ultra Magnus is running around in his Diaclone colours. This footage was obviously cut and abandoned in favour of the colours that was eventually used.

Lookie!
    D.I.A. Powered Commander
    Diaclone Powered Convoy
    Ultra Magnus in Diaclone colours in abandoned G1 animation

Can somebody explain to me the fascination of sticking an Autobot or Decepticon logo on their car?

I understand if you drive a car that is some bots' alt mode, but otherwise why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Can somebody explain to me the fascination of sticking an Autobot or Decepticon logo on their car?

I understand if you drive a car that is some bots' alt mode, but otherwise why?
    Because people are fans of TFs and imagine their car being a TF? I have a Decepticon badge for my car, though my car isn't based off any specific TF character I just like having one simply because that's one way I show my love for TFs. I don't even know what TF I could imagine my car to be, maybe Crowbar?

I actually used to have a Hatchback '86 RED Toyota Corolla and I used to imagine that was my own version of Cliffjumper! Once at a shopping car park I was on the other side of the road facing a DEcepticon Jeep (Crankcase?) and we both honked at each other