Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415161718192434 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

If you missed the cut off for the first scheduled shipment in September they are supposed to catch you up over the first few shipments by sending 3 or 4 volumes instead of 2... at least, that's what they said would happen. Maybe that will start to happen after the freebie shipments are done, so that it doesn't cost them as much postage.

My third shipment arrived, containing Volumes 6, 8, and 37
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If you missed the cut off for the first scheduled shipment in September they are supposed to catch you up over the first few shipments by sending 3 or 4 volumes instead of 2... at least, that's what they said would happen. Maybe that will start to happen after the freebie shipments are done, so that it doesn't cost them as much postage.
    Yeah I think the wording said it would catch up but not that it was be right away

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    My third shipment arrived, containing Volumes 6, 8, and 37
    So the corrected spine Volume 6? (That some of us got in our first shipment). Is it different to the volume 6 you got in your first shipment?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'd be interested to see if the placement of #51 in the Space Pirates volumes turns out to be correct (it's on Wikipedia but not on the official site) or if it's sorted out before the book goes to print.
    It also appears UK issue 93 (also a Christmas issue like UK 198) is going to printed in the wrong place from a chronological point of view. Since the contents for volume 6 - 8 and 10 are known and its not in any of these it would have to appear in volume 5 (before the coneheads and Insecticons have come to Earth and be really out of place) or in volume 9 (and the flashbacks are just a bit longer ago than Jetfire explains).

Mine was corrected spine - gee I hope they aren't sending out bad stock to customers.

I really don't mind the odd issue out of sequence (I.e. UK 93) but you have me worried they may be leaving things out entirely. I only bought because it promised a complete UK run. The wiki doesn't list anything before Uk 78 (e.g. 'In the national interest"). Do you think they can squeeze 77 issues in the first Five Volumes?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Not sure what the deal with the corrected spine is but seems "later" subscribers got sent it in their first shipment.

I'm confident still that issue 93 will be there somewhere, just a question of where?

This was my original thoughts for the first five volumes but I'm working on an update to post soon

ol. 1: Power Play (Marvel US #1-4, 33-34, Marvel UK #13-17)
    Vol. 2: The New Order (Marvel UK #18-21, Mavel US #5-8, Marvel UK #29-32)
    Vol. 3: Crisis of Command (Marvel US #9-12, Marvel UK 41-44)
    Vol. 4: Dinobot Hunt (Marvel UK #45-50, Marvel UK #13-16)
    Vol. 5: Second Generation (Marvel UK 59-65, Marvel US#17-20, Marvel UK #74-77)

I picked up mine from the post office yesterday, and it was the second shipment of "issue 4 and 5" (and mug & tin plate thingy), with a note to their UK and Ireland customers that the fixed spine of issue 1 (Volume 6 - yeah, this out of order number thing is not going to get confusing at all), will be sent out with issue 7 (which is the third shipment that some people are getting this week.
    I think they could have sent out the corrected spine to us here, because of the delay from the UK, but maybe they had to sell/send the misprinted spine because the print run would have already had our allocation included, and maybe it was best to sell as many as possible at newsagents to get some money off them (and send out the rest to subscribers).

What is the tin plate thing for anyway? And were the corners bent on everyone else's, because it scratched up the edges, which is really noticeable with black being on silver.
    I'm surprised the mug made it intact, as its box was squished.... and it was really dirty for some reason, with actual dirt on the base and dust inside.

That tin plate is wierd. Just something to slap up on the wall but I'm not a fan of the image. Funny that it's a straight scan from a comic book. You can see a staple in there

Got the mug in one piece too and given that the package was chucked over the wall and was sitting next to the rocks, i'm suprised that it didn't come in multiple pieces!

Ok, I'm bloody confused

What exactly are we supposed to have?

Today I got a second copy of Issue 6, which has the exact same spine (Grimlocks face) as the previous one they sent me. Is that the wrong spine or do I have two of the right one?

And what does everyone else have? I have from my three deliveries so far:

Issues: 6 (x2), 8, 16, 18, 29, 36 & 37

Gifts: Wallet, Keyrings, Tin Plate, Cup (broken) & Cup (unbroken)

Does anyone else have any issues or gifts I don't? Only 3 deliveries in and I'm completely lost

That's all correct.
    Since you subscribed before the September shipment you are at your third this week, which gives you "issues" 6 & 7 plus the reprinted first issue (volume 6).
    The reprinted issue has the same image on the spine, it's only difference is the size of the black bar at the top... as it wouldn't line up with the rest. See my photo in post #108.
    It's such an insignificant thing that might have bugged a couple of people, but most wouldn't notice or care. It could be why no freebies come with the third shipment as it has the reprint as a bonus item that adds to the weight of the package.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's all correct.
    Since you subscribed before the September shipment you are at your third this week, which gives you "issues" 6 & 7 plus the reprinted first issue (volume 6).
    The reprinted issue has the same image on the spine, it's only difference is the size of the black bar at the top... as it wouldn't line up with the rest. See my photo in post #108.
    It's such an insignificant thing that might have bugged a couple of people, but most wouldn't notice or care. It could be why no freebies come with the third shipment as it has the reprint as a bonus item that adds to the weight of the package.
    Cheers for the clarification

I'd been a bit thrown by A: Getting a 2nd identical copy (though I now see the difference you noted) of #6, B: getting varying amounts of books in shipments and C: getting my replacement cup rather than a new gift

Seems like this company is making a few mistakes but at the same time is doing their best to rectify them. Maybe Funpub should take notes