Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyworld brainwave and hardbone

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    on that note, with MMC's Predaking/Feralrex I've preordered them at BBTS to save with the earlybird discount which i think a lot of other people would have too.

also it might be worth having a single thread for your tfidownunder store to ask people questions.
    Yep I've already put up a thread and also posted my price just this morning but yes thanks for that

Ok RK is that Robot Kingdom? How did they piss them off? And yes it's hard getting answers out of Maketoys, it's helping a bit as my gf is Japanese so gives me a huge helping hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    It'd also be worth taking into account the leaked Hasbro lists, which lists both Brainstorm and Hardhead in upcoming assortments.

You may find that those who were on the fence about these guys are now willing to wait and see what Hasbro's offerings are like.
    That's a general risk when it comes to 3rd party toys though. I am sure FanToys lost money when they had to abort their MP scale Soundwave.

Fans will always go for the 'best rendition' despite who makes it. In the event that they are of equal standards, they will more than likely go official. However very rarely (can only think of one time) where an official toy of a character already released by a 3rd party has been 'comparable'.

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    Ok RK is that Robot Kingdom? How did they piss them off? And yes it's hard getting answers out of Maketoys, it's helping a bit as my gf is Japanese so gives me a huge helping hand...
    they started selling KOs of 3P stuff.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's a general risk when it comes to 3rd party toys though. I am sure FanToys lost money when they had to abort their MP scale Soundwave.

Fans will always go for the 'best rendition' despite who makes it. In the event that they are of equal standards, they will more than likely go official. However very rarely (can only think of one time) where an official toy of a character already released by a 3rd party has been 'comparable'.
    But fans waiting to see what Hasbro's is like = a loooong time that he'll be sitting on his stock of the 3P ones, which then may or may not sell as well as they would have pre-list reveal.

Look how much Warbot Defender goes for now, compared to a year ago. It could potentially be like that for Hardhead and Brainstorm (though I doubt they'll be Headmasters from Hasbro, so there's always that going for them).

Just like people didn't get/regretted iGear Swerve because of Hasbro's upcoming one, and now they're deciding between Hasbro's or what we've seen of Maketoys. It's still dividing the market, albeit by a small percentage. It's that small percentage that's crucial to collectible 3P dealers like we're talking here. Almost meaningless for Hasbro.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    It'd also be worth taking into account the leaked Hasbro lists, which lists both Brainstorm and Hardhead in upcoming assortments.

You may find that those who were on the fence about these guys are now willing to wait and see what Hasbro's offerings are like.
    Are you talking about the collector's club brainstorm and hardhead?

Not really for this thread but would you/are you looking at getting Hexatron in at a fair price?

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    Are you talking about the collector's club brainstorm and hardhead?
    He's referring to Hasbro's standard non-Collectors Club release: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17206

These renditions will most likely be in line with the current IDW designs (personally not looking forward to Brainstorm being Voyager sized whilst Hardhead is Deluxe sized).

More of a bonus for me, and will not affect my buying decision over FP's Function-X not-Headmaster line.

I like the sound of a domestic supplier and will be looking forward to developments with your online store

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

We have no idea what those Hasbro toys would be. There is a chance they would be forced repaints/retools like how Double Dealer is a Blitzwing retool and not really optimal for the character.

It may not have been intended that way,but spamming the forum to promote your website may not be the best way to ingratiate oneself to forum members. You might be better to put a notice in the "eBay sellers and dealers" thread for promoting this
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!