Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TW-T03: 3rd Party G1 Throttlebot - Chase

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    As per my link, those photos are on Toyworld's website. And if they weren't doing a combiner, why would they perpetuate the myth by posting those pics? That doesn't make any sense.

Unless they're a bunch of tools of course.

But I have no idea why they aren't using their own fists, unless they only wan tot show finished products, which they aren't yet
    At the same time in their Facebook page, they have the pics with a "lol" as in implying something:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ToyWorld/342554195772524

I am still not 100% that those are actually their pics and that they just saw them and put them up.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    At the same time in their Facebook page, they have the pics with a "lol" as in implying something:

I am still not 100% that those are actually their pics and that they just saw them and put them up.
    Well there you go. As I said, I'm not fussed either way as I don't wan these guys anyway.

I'll watch with interest.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

These guys look great. If it did combine that is a bonus but I would be concerned about the proportions of a gestalt so far. The leg mode of Grindrod and Aurora look like the lower legs but Chase would be a full arm. Consider another autobot as a full arm and you only have 2 more robots for the upper legs and torso which is usually ok but these are all tubby guys. Maybe the 7th Throttlebot (called Throttlebot) who is a helicopter could be used to aid proportions?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

That would be funny if it's totally not the type of arm-mode they had in mind (maybe something with more gestalt parts-forming?) or if they were just making fun at the 'unofficial' hype over a gestalt mode (I don't see why they would do that considering that it's definitely being mentioned by their resellers).

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    These guys look great. If it did combine that is a bonus but I would be concerned about the proportions of a gestalt so far. The leg mode of Grindrod and Aurora look like the lower legs but Chase would be a full arm. Consider another autobot as a full arm and you only have 2 more robots for the upper legs and torso which is usually ok but these are all tubby guys. Maybe the 7th Throttlebot (called Throttlebot) who is a helicopter could be used to aid proportions?
    End result - Something like GoBots Puzzler at best?
    Peaugh's review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4wnmDtyRN8
    eBay: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GO-BOTS-v...8131ab3&_uhb=1

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    ... but these are all tubby guys.
    That's definitely part of their appeal!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Yes i thought of Puzzler too! The great idea that Puzzler sort of did(atleast asthetically) but HasTak has rarely done (if ever well) is use the arms as complete shoulders so the torso bot is free to try fill more chest height or depth.

Here is a combiner sidetopic/rant.. I have never understood why HasTak continue the tradition of using the actual connection as the swivel. I think it is a weak connection option and something even scramble city dudes can work around to form a more solid combiner.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Had a good play with this guy after work (shipping arrived at record times!). The quality of plastic is definitely an upgrade from TW-T02 Aurora but still feels like a downgrade from TW-T01 Grind Rod.

I definitely love it, the alt mode's car exterior has a nice texture similar to that on your keyboard. Edges are crisp - they will hurt if you're just randomly grasping it by the edges. Speaking of alt mode, as with the first two, it rolls like a dream with no wheel alignment issues.

Joints are nice and stiff in all areas; once again like his predecessors, too stiff around the shoulders and the moving parts within the chest. Zero loose parts. Hand peg holes for the gun is once again very tight (I didn't push it, but couldn't gently get it into the right hand but it isn't too hard to get it into the left hand). Transformation is more intuitive and easier to handle than the first two though.

It is interesting to point out that there are two large 5mm peg holes within his chest or the underside of the alt mode. These two peg holes do not appear to serve any other purpose during robot mode or alt mode.

Same peg holes, with his weapon pegged into it.

He also has two sets of post and ports on either sides of the inside calves. Once again, these post and ports do not serve any purpose during robot mode, and do not peg together during alt mode.

His inside heels also reveal two 5mm peg holes with nothing else to peg into. I've pegged his weapon in as an example.

It's interesting to note that the original prototype did not appear to have these same inner-calf post/ports nor the inner-heel peg holes. Images via TFW2005.

Can't remember where I've stored Grind Rod or Aurora, but here's a quick size comparison with TG Senator Ratbat and also uhh.. another Red/Blue 'transformer': Character's Convertible Unholy Abomination Postman Pat (anniversary present..).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

He desperately needs an Autobot symbol in the middle of his chest.

Looking good!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nice pics SuspectimusPrime!

Now my conspiracy theory time:

Based on the pics and observations above, Trace seems to be the first toy of this series to actually have potential combiner engineering. Neither Grindrod or Aurora had any and what is shown by stores/fans is at best incidental or improvised.

However, it is now popularly believed that these toys combine due to store advertisement and now most people are expecting that. It is very possible that Toyworld is making them into a combining team from Trace onwards and retroactively adapting Grindrod and Auroa into it. I am pretty sure that given all the combiner 'advertisement' it would be terrible PR if it turns out not to be the case.

Personally, I don't really care about the combining feature for these characters. Not at all. However I will be annoyed if one of them is severely compromised due to it. I hope that doesn't happen but that is the nature of 'combiners'.
    Last edited by kup; 17th December 2013 at 02:04 PM.