Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers VS. GI Joe (IDW)

Default Transformers VS. GI Joe (IDW)

IDW produced a TF offerings as part of this year's Free Comic Book Day, with Issue #0 of Transformers vs. GI Joe

Did anyone else pick up this... comic?

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Yep. And it was nice that I could read part one for free and won't waste any money on this series.

I don't mind new/different takes, but this feels like a mocking parody of both franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yep. And it was nice that I could read part one for free and won't waste any money on this series.

I don't mind new/different takes, but this feels like a mocking parody of both franchises.
    I really can't see people lining up to buy this steaming pile each month. There is stylised artwork, and then there is a total abandonment of artistic progress. It's disappointing.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

It's going for a very particular kind of look with all it's big pages with lots of activity. It reminds me of old-time art and children's books, and that contributes to the sense of mocking I get with the book.

The 6 page preview convinced me not to pick this up. Went for Zombie Tramp fanservice instead.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Really wanted to pick this up. Is it available on the internets for free? (I realise that runs contrary to the point of FCBD...)

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    The 6 page preview convinced me not to pick this up. Went for Zombie Tramp fanservice instead.
    My eyes, my eyes...

WTF did I just see?

The art style is so two dimensional, it looks like a kid was doing a bad impression of early 80s comic style.
    Even if it was intentional, that just looked so bad, I skipped over half of it because it was too bad to follow.
    And the "translated cybertronian".... really annoying the way they did that.
    I can't imagine this comic going beyond the first issue. If they hadn't given a sample on FCBD, people might have pre-ordered the first issue on faith.... but now I can imagine a lot of people cancelling their orders, or just not buying it at all.

It wasn't good for either GIJoe or Transformers.

Really really bad.

The most terrifying thought -- What ideas got turned down in preference to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    The most terrifying thought -- What ideas got turned down in preference to this?
    Good ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Good ones?
    I hope not But it's possible.

Let's just hope they pull the plug on this.