4 25.00%
  • Only if (something else)

0 0%
  • No

2 12.50%
  • Not even interested

4 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction Bumblebee (Deluxe, Concept Camaro)

I'd like one, but couldnt find any Then & Now Bumblebee's when i was out on Friday. There's a unique complaint

Caso had four on Thursday & Mknell reported seeing lots @ the 'Riff this morning

I really liked the first Movie's Camaro Concept Deluxe figure and that would remain as my favourite and definitive Movie Bumblebee. I was disappointed with all the subsequent Bumblebee molds as I think they look ugly and proportions are off (yes, including Battle Blades Bumblebee).

However, I got this version and I really like him, he has his flaws but I think he looks good and has unobstrusive yet meaningful gimmicks. The integrated flip out cannon and flip down battle mask is really cool and both looks great. The other thing that won me over is that the designers finally took a fresh attempt at transforming Bumblebee's legs. He doesn't retain the same leg automorph transformation of the original and I dig the new engineering.

The faux chest is a disappointment and looks somewhat stupid, it doesn't even look like it is the hood morphed. Car mode has way too many panel cracks and they don't sit flush. Probably as a cost-cutting measure but they have used huge chunks of transparent plastic which requires it to be painted over, hence the obvious mismatch of colouring. Overall, I think this is still a decent figure and worthy of a purchase.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by christalcase View Post

However, I got this version and I really like him, he has his flaws but I think he looks good and has unobstrusive yet meaningful gimmicks. The integrated flip out cannon and flip down battle mask is really cool and both looks great. The other thing that won me over is that the designers finally took a fresh attempt at transforming Bumblebee's legs. He doesn't retain the same leg automorph transformation of the original and I dig the new engineering.

The faux chest is a disappointment and looks somewhat stupid, it doesn't even look like it is the hood morphed. Car mode has way too many panel cracks and they don't sit flush. Probably as a cost-cutting measure but they have used huge chunks of transparent plastic which requires it to be painted over, hence the obvious mismatch of colouring. Overall, I think this is still a decent figure and worthy of a purchase.
    Agree 100%. My other thing was the little tabs on the hood are super awkward-I've transformed mine once and they are already showing heavy stress marks! The price of only $25 is a bargain, esp with the MechTech weapon and the Legion Bee too! Whoever did that pricing must have hit their head, but I'm not complaining.

I saw one of these at TrU Penrith the other week after the fair & even with the bonus Legends figure & the $24.99 price tag i wasn't impressed enough to buy it

I finally got the regular version of this toy (had to import from Amazon). I had the Evolutions one for a couple months now, and expected that Bumblebee would be like Slug and Swoop, in that it would be identical to the Evolutions version... but is actually a lighter yellow.
    The Evolutions Bumblebee is a much darker yellow... the same as the Platinum 5-pack Bumblebee, which is why I didn't know that the regular version was a lighter colour.
    (my comparison photos of the 5-pack Autobots was done with the Evolutions Bumblebee, because I expected it to be the same as the regular version... but the yellow would have been another obvious difference if I had used it)

When I went to Toys r us , I saw the 3volution pack f8r 25 bucks. Because that is cheaped then normal deluxes, and it had a figure unreleased in Australia, I pick him up, mainky for 'classic' Bumblebee but the AoE when is very nice too. I like the flip out cannon and face mask, my only complaint would be his kibble moves around very easily in robot mode. It doesnt really peg in anywhere so when I try to pose him, I half transform the thing!
    Vehicle mode sucks heaps, but overall its a pretty nice figure, though I would only by the cheaper two pack.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera