Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transparent G1 Optimus Prime!?

Default Transparent G1 Optimus Prime!?

Didn't find any info in a search so ill try my luck...

Anybody know where I can find one of these??

Thats one of the KO versions. But it is real nice

There were two types of transparent Optimus toys, and both are fakes/KO.
    The coloured one you posted is from here, and is claimed to be a custom job (just one made), but I think there have been others.
    While the clear white one is also a KO, as noted here (from 2008), here, and here (with gold parts)... and first showed up in 2002 but was assumed to be a Lucky Draw toy, as we had Optimus/Convoy being reissued at that time, and there were a couple of limited edition figures already....
    The "gold" one had a couple of gold parts, and apparently there was only 25. (I thought there were more than that, as I've seen a few of them for sale over the years... so maybe it was KOed as well)
    The black one had 2000 made for a Japanese convention, so isn't as rare as most convention exclusives, or even many of the Gen1 reissues at that time (most were limited to just 1000 units). But be aware of the KO of the black one, as noted in this discussion topic.
    (plus there was a non-transforming gold statue of the Optimus/Convoy toy, which there were 10 made)

There are a lot of different coloured official Optimus Prime toys, but transparent/translucent ones have not (yet) been done.

I think the only transparent Gen1 toys are Starscream (as two Japanese exclusives - one with colours, and one with no colours), Ultra Magnus (in yellow), Hot Rod (in full colour), Eject/Rewind (as Solarbot in yellow), and Sixshot (in clear white).

Ive got the clear, black and gold KOs... just saw that one on ebay (gone now) and he wanted a fair amount for it. Thought they might have been a new KO aswell available elsewhere... and cheaper!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

There are a lot of different coloured official Optimus Prime toys, but transparent/translucent ones have not (yet) been done.
    My favourite is the Green Bathing Ape edition, which finally resolves the eternal Trukk or Munky debate
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

A whole rainbow of Prime Cabs, from pink to red, to yellow, green, blue, black and grey and white...

From left... 25th anniversary - reissue Gen1 - Gen2 - Pepsi - yellow Magnus - green BAPE - "diaclone" Magnus - Jafcon black - grey BAPE - Gen1 Magnus

The photo was taken before I got the third Bape Convoy (which is red, so only the "blue" parts are different)... but the only significant one I'm
    missing is the light orange-red Ipod Convoy, which is VERY rare and expensive.

Megatran Guest

^ That is truly beautiful. *two thumbs up*

I've been looking for a Bape Green Camo for a while now. And more recently the Shining Magnus & Jafcon Black Convoy. One day, maybe one day......

^^ Very nice!

I passed on getting the Bape versions... the camo scheme just doesn't do it for me, though the cabs do look sweet lined up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The photo was taken before I got the third Bape Convoy (which is red, so only the "blue" parts are different)... but the only significant one I'm
    missing is the light orange-red Ipod Convoy, which is VERY rare and expensive.
    Yeah, the Exile Perfect Year 2008 Edition. Ouch
    I'm after a red Bape Convoy, but that's a story for another day