Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: APS-03 Human Alliance Barricade & Soundwave

Default APS-03 Human Alliance Barricade & Soundwave

The third in the Asia Premium Series has been announced for December, and will be a 2-pack of two of the rarer Human Alliance toys - Barricade (with Frenzy) and Soundwave (with Laserbeak).

If they are like the last two APS figures (Brawl & Optimus) these should be sporting some premium paint apps... and a premium price tag since it is a Hasbro HK release.

BBTS has it for US$145, so is likely to be about US$100-120 from Asian sources.

i was considering these two yesterday. The $120US price tag convinced me otherwise
    http://www.ehobbybaseshop.com/?sp=&p...&more=&lang=en

Really happy about this Soundwave is going for crazy prices on ebay.

Definite pre-order... though that close to Christmas can I just say it's a present to myself?

I've been after a HA soundwave for ages. so it's great he's getting a re-release. but I already have a Barricade and since I'm going overseas in December I can't really afford the premium price tag.
    this still looks like a great set though.
    hopefully after I get back from Japan they'll still be available somewhere online and I can find someone who wants just Barricade.
    Or hopefully I can find an original release HA Soundwave for a good price while I'm in Japan

I'm surprised to see how much this is going for and even more surprised to see people on various other forums speak so highly of them (actually mainly for Barricade).

Honestly, is Barricade and Soundwave that good or just because they had a limited release previously?

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I've been after a HA soundwave for ages. so it's great he's getting a re-release. but I already have a Barricade and since I'm going overseas in December I can't really afford the premium price tag.
    this still looks like a great set though.
    hopefully after I get back from Japan they'll still be available somewhere online and I can find someone who wants just Barricade.
    Or hopefully I can find an original release HA Soundwave for a good price while I'm in Japan
    Good luck with that - I live in Osaka and they're all usually at ridiculous prices here too.

On the other hand, sometimes you can manage to find a loose one for a not-horrible price. If you're coming to Osaka and are fine with loose I may have a spare or two I could pass on.

That's a ridiculous starting price, but a tempting pack.

HA Soundwave is a ridiculously good figure, and Barricade is fairly good.

I'd be interested if they were giving SW proper shiny silver paint and a better eye paint app that actually picks out the eye detail and looks like the movie (ie has two distinct eyes) and not just a streak of paint to mimick the G1 visor look. The pics so far make it look like a straight re release though.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Good luck with that - I live in Osaka and they're all usually at ridiculous prices here too.

On the other hand, sometimes you can manage to find a loose one for a not-horrible price. If you're coming to Osaka and are fine with loose I may have a spare or two I could pass on.
    I am considering heading over to Osaka for a couple of days. So I may take you up on that offer. Loose is fine as long as the figure is complete and in good condition