Thread: Cabinet looking for brackets

Default Help! Cabinet looking for brackets

I have been looking for slat/slot wall brackets of a particular length on and off for a few years but I am really struggling to find more of them. I will buy them anywhere but I simply cannot find them online or with shopfitters I have tried.

I need 12 x 27cm brackets and 30 of the metal "feet" (not so important) pictured.

Brackets in question..

Note: these cabinets do not have enough depth to hold the 30cm brackets.

"I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

nice looking cabinets.

I know we use some of these at my work, but can't remember where they're from.

You could always check out your local shopping centres for any stores closing down/remodelling and see if they're getting rid of any

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

this may be a dumb question but what about the 30cm ones and just cutting/grinding them down to 27cm with a cheapo tool from bunnings

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    this may be a dumb question but what about the 30cm ones and just cutting/grinding them down to 27cm with a cheapo tool from bunnings
    this, and a bit of paint to touch up the ends if you get white ones.

or get a 25cm one and live with the bit of overhang. you'll be fine as long as you don't put more than half of the weight above the overhanging part of the shelf. Which will be extremely hard to achieve.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    You could always check out your local shopping centres for any stores closing down/remodelling and see if they're getting rid of any
    Funny you mention that, the majority of the cabinets are from Gametraders the year they were all closing down. Then maybe 3 years and another town later, I got the rear slatwall and brackets from a shop closing down. Another 2 years later and back in Brisbane, I finally assembled them and had glass shelves made. Leaving only a few brackets to find, too easy I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    or get a 25cm one and live with the bit of overhang. you'll be fine as long as you don't put more than half of the weight above the overhanging part of the shelf. Which will be extremely hard to achieve.
    Both of these are great ideas and my back-up consideration. This thread may be my last attempt to get a consistent set of brackets before i have to accept only 10 were forged in the entire world (it sure seems this way).
    Last edited by Deonasis; 27th February 2018 at 05:37 PM.

Are you sure there 270mm and not 250mm? You generally only measure the arm extending from the plate. I have found a site here and they also have the clips needed for the glass. Might be what you are looking for?

I agree with Zoonmaster, you could get away with a 25cm length.

Here’s an alternative store:

https://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.a...etal-brackets/

Basically shop fitting stores are your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    Are you sure there 270mm and not 250mm? You generally only measure the arm extending from the plate. I have found a site here and they also have the clips needed for the glass. Might be what you are looking for?
    You raise a good point and i think i have been believing what the first shopfitter told me i had (27cm brackets). Perhaps i do just have 25cm ones. My mind is blown, I have never stopped to question this.

Am i the only one who kept reading shoplifters?? O.0

So there is no label on the display cases on where in came from , becuase i know showfront do i have seen them with the labels at aldis

There website they sell and custom make cabniets i am thinking on getting the tgl1000
    https://www.showfront.com.au

And the one you posted looks close to this one
    https://www.showfront.com.au/display...binets/au-1200
    It may not be the exact one but, they do customise them so maybe it from showfront?
    Last edited by G1Optimal; 4th March 2018 at 11:07 AM.